Wheelchair Shopping Advice

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
My client did not like the wheelchair from Humana's local Durable Medical Equipment provider, too big and heavy. They have one model, and rental only.
There seems to be a custom made market, more for folks who can't walk, and then there's the wheelchairs.com source, various sizes, etc.

This client walks with a walker, but needs a wheelchair for outings, can't drive, so this would be pushed by family. Needs something fairly lightweight.
Has a Jazzie type scooter, but wants light/portable for simplicity.

I am learning about the details of serving Medicare beneficiaries one thing at a time. This one is new for me. One trick will be trying to get claim paid on MAPD if the one client likes is not available from network DME providers. The outline of coverage does say they will still pay a % for OON.

My client did not like the wheelchair from Humana's local Durable Medical Equipment provider, too big and heavy. They have one model, and rental only.
There seems to be a custom made market, more for folks who can't walk, and then there's the wheelchairs.com source, various sizes, etc.

This client walks with a walker, but needs a wheelchair for outings, can't drive, so this would be pushed by family. Needs something fairly lightweight.
Has a Jazzie type scooter, but wants light/portable for simplicity.

I am learning about the details of serving Medicare beneficiaries one thing at a time. This one is new for me. One trick will be trying to get claim paid on MAPD if the one client likes is not available from network DME providers. The outline of coverage does say they will still pay a % for OON.

Depends on how the provider writes the script for the chair.If it was me I would try to get the souped up ride like George Costanza had for outings !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csuZHyW-iGI

Back