When $100,000 a year isn't enough to pay the medical bills

The only way I could possibly see someone writing 500 is one-to-many selling via seminars and having help take care of renewals from current clients - and in those environments, from what I'm told, you don't check their doctors, medications, networks, etc. (I've never done mapd seminars, so I'm really not sure).

That sounds more like it, but who has time after to check eveything when people are coming up asking questions?

I suspect a lot of the slam bam agents that never bother to check and let the chips fall. They are production machines and client service be damned.

Always surprised at the number of agents who say in a cavalier manner "all providers are in the network"

The agent in question is a young-ish guy who owns an agency. He's a big producer with the carrier who paid for half his lead costs. Lots of rumors about his "slam bam" shenanigans, that someday may catch up with him.

The agent in question is a young-ish guy who owns an agency. He's a big producer with the carrier who paid for half his lead costs. Lots of rumors about his "slam bam" shenanigans, that someday may catch up with him.

Could also be like Tom suggested. He isn't personally writing those apps but has agents under him doing the grunt work and using his WA number.

People who take short cuts usually get caught. It's just as much work to do it right as it is to figure out a way to cut corners.

A guy I worked with years ago decided he wasn't making enough money legally so he started pocketing premium dollars and telling clients they had coverage. Ended only pocketing about $200k for his scheme. Feds caught up with him. He forfeited his license, had to pay a fine plus restitution and spent about 3 yrs in federal prison. Wife divorced him.

Last I heard he was tending bar in Hawaii.

I do 500-550 ACA and med supp apps in 60 day timeframe. Zero marketing. All current clients and referrals. Im not a 1 trick pony. 3 tricks only.

Not 1 face to face meeting. Cant do 500 if f2f

What type of set up do you use to write that type of production?

2 things allowed for more volume.

1. Youcanbook.me allows my clients to self book appts on my calendar. Send them link, they find time. 98% of clients are ready for call with reminder email day before.

2. Join.me screen sharing. Allows me to visually show, while verbally explaining a very complicated topic. Makes it so much easier.

All have a 1 hr time slot. Get thru 90% or morr in that first only call. One call and done is goal.

Forgot to quote you. See my response below or above

Sounds like you already have a proven system that works. I've been doing life insurance via telesales for the last 8 years and looking for a way to transition to health insurance via telesales. I've looked up so much on YouTube and read as much as I could on Google. So I feel like I at least understand a lot of the basics of selling med supps as well as the psychology of the sale. But it feels like I'm gathering bits and pieces of information from everywhere and may be missing a few important components and lacking a clear blueprint that I can just plug right into without trying to reinvent the wheel. I also started in health when I first got my license, but ended up in life insurance because those were the companies that trained me.

Do you primarily only work by yourself, or do you have a system in place with basic training where agents can contract with you so that you're obviously compensated for your time and efforts?

Back