When a T65 is Unable to Afford a Med Sup

I don't care. SAI wanted me to ask so I guess your response is the middle finger.

Yes, if it were you, then the index finger. But SAI and Rick get the middle finger. It's the only sign language they understand.

Kaiser is the only insurance company in California with a 5-star rating. ALL of their hospitals in California have a 5-star rating.

They are good here, as well. The only problem is that people think that the doctors that they have on staff got their diplomas from Mexico or Iceland, and that you are treated like cattle.

Nothing could be further from the truth. If they are really that bad, how come they ran Prudential, Meridian, and many others out of the state many years ago?

They have no interest in being nation wide. Their way of doing business is second to none. It just sounds cool to cut them down.

They are good here, as well. The only problem is that people think that the doctors that they have on staff got their diplomas from Mexico or Iceland, and that you are treated like cattle.

Nothing could be further from the truth. If they are really that bad, how come they ran Prudential, Meridian, and many others out of the state many years ago?

They have no interest in being nation wide. Their way of doing business is second to none. It just sounds cool to cut them down.

Or some of us have used them and didn't care for their model or the doctors on staff. But hey, I like sounding "cool".

There are two kinds of people:

People who want to use Kaiser
People who want to use stand alone doctors and hospitals.

When people ask me what I think of Kaiser, I tell them "it's a 5 star plan" and that they have to use a Kaiser doctor. The conversation always ends when they hear "Kaiser doctor" because it represents change. Seniors who want to use Kaiser have already signed up.

Listen, When an agent is captive and the can only offer a plan offered by 1 company, Don't we know where his loyalty will be?

So why should it be dif with doc's in the Kaiser model?

Listen, When an agent is captive and the can only offer a plan offered by 1 company, Don't we know where his loyalty will be?

So why should it be dif with doc's in the Kaiser model?

Um. if that is in reference to me, I have been an independent insurance agent for 18 years. I only suggested KP because the Original Poster mentioned that the clients liked KP. If that is the case, why move them?

And, for what it's worth, there have been several occasions when KP has referred me/my family to an "out of network" physician at the drop of a hat, and it was covered 100%. What many companies are doing now, KP has been doing for decades.

Rant over.

Um. if that is in reference to me, I have been an independent insurance agent for 18 years. I only suggested KP because the Original Poster mentioned that the clients liked KP. If that is the case, why move them?

And, for what it's worth, there have been several occasions when KP has referred me/my family to an "out of network" physician at the drop of a hat, and it was covered 100%. What many companies are doing now, KP has been doing for decades.

Rant over.

It was a ref to keiser doc's not You. Just saying If I know how a captive agent looks at things dif then you or I as independant why should it not be the same with a KP Doc

I know there are captives out there that will refer out on occasion but they will keep in house if possible even if it is not in the best interest of the client except in the more extreme circumstance (for the most part not everyone)

Why are you soo emotional over KP anyway

Back