When Can a Person Change Medigap Plan?

HelpingSeniors

Hi. This is a simple question and I knew you would know the right answer. Can a person who is already on a medigap plan (i.e. plan F) change his plan anytime during the year or just during annual enrollment? Thanks!

Hi. This is a simple question and I knew you would know the right answer. Can a person who is already on a medigap plan (i.e. plan F) change his plan anytime during the year or just during annual enrollment? Thanks!

You have an interesting screen name to not know the answer to this question.

They can change anytime. There is no "annual enrollment."

Rick

Can switch any time...as long as they can qualify.

They can change from memorial day to labor day during the SEP period titled summertime change.

Maybe he helps them across the street...???

Perhaps he cuts their grass...???

Maybe he wipes their.......windshields at stoplights???

As has been pointed out, there is no "annual enrollment" for Medigap plans. There are a couple of states that have the birthday rule which allows a person to change during their birthday month.

With that said, a person can change their Medigap plan at any time as long as they can pass underwriting.

Might I recommend you read Medicare & You and also the Choosing a Medigap Policy booklet. This will help you with some of the basic questions when "helping seniors" with their plans.

Back