When Do You Run the Clue and MVR? Reduce Chargebacks

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
When do you run the CLUE and MVR Reports? Do Captives get charged for these reports? What conversion ratio do you need to have to not get charged?

Someone in OK, how do you manage this cost since the MVR is so much more expensive there? What are your best practices?

We write our personal lines policies with Allied. CLUE is built into their quoting system and it is pulled before a quote is issued. MVR is only ran when coverage is bound, which can affect the quoted premium, which sucks sometimes, especially when the prospect isn't honest about their driving history!

We write our personal lines policies with Allied. CLUE is built into their quoting system and it is pulled before a quote is issued. MVR is only ran when coverage is bound, which can affect the quoted premium, which sucks sometimes, especially when the prospect isn't honest about their driving history!

Never, ever feel bad for a prospect that wasn't honest with you.

You didn't break it, you're just trying to do your best by them. If they won't be honest with you, then shame on them. Either they forget or were trying to slip something past you, probably the later. They got caught and have to pay the piper.

Never, ever feel bad for a prospect that wasn't honest with you.

You didn't break it, you're just trying to do your best by them. If they won't be honest with you, then shame on them. Either they forget or were trying to slip something past you, probably the later. They got caught and have to pay the piper.

I never feel bad about it, but the first couple policies I wrote kind of shocked me when it happened. I forgot about the MVR pulling and didn't really advise them that the quote might change, thinking that CLUE would have picked it up. But, since it was a ticket and not an accident, it didn't, which left them with a nice premium increase. Oh well!

Back