When no one knows what they're talking about

Also, we can go back to the "interplan transfer" rules that do require all Association members to provider a GI plan for transferees coming off another state's Blue Plan.

Blue Card is the Association PPO arrangement and applies to all association members. They can operate as independent as they want, however they must obey specific rules set in order to be a member of the BCBS Association. That includes PPO Blue Card and Interplan Transfer. No exceptions.

Call this number, they can tell you if she's covered.

1-800-810-BLUE (Blue Card)

"BlueCard® is a national program that enables members of one Blue company to obtain healthcare services while traveling or living in another Blue company's service area. The program links participating healthcare providers with the independent Blue companies across the country and in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, through a single electronic network for claims processing and reimbursement."
BlueCard®

The one they offer here in Florida is very limited in the amount of benefits it provides.

Yup, same in California, Individual Conversion Plan, not great but it is GI.

Anthem/Wellpoint currently have full reciprocation (same plan or most similar) with CA, NV and CO.

Much better deal but not an Association arrangement.

Yup, same in California, Individual Conversion Plan, not great but it is GI.

Anthem/Wellpoint currently have full reciprocation (same plan or most similar) with CA, NV and CO.

Much better deal but not an Association arrangement.

Dave, On an unrelated note...

Gilroy CA huh? Hometown of Jeff Garcia.

Can you get me a good deal on some garlic?

Now here is where worlds collide LOL

Gilroy processes a lot of garlic and in the summer there is a plant near my house that kicks off about 4 PM - makes me hungry every time.

Annual Garlic Festival last full weekend in July every year - draws almost 150,000 currently. Used to draw 250k bu they were having problems and cut it back.

Now the collision - DJS, I graduated from USF, used to live off 42nd street up towards the end in a complex called Vestavia (probably still there) and worked at the Eckerd photo lab on Nebraska Ave. We called it Camp Nebraska.

Moonlight you probably know that area a least a little, it's up on the north side of USF off Fletcher. Used to hit the Circle K on 42nd and then Cooper Hall at USF for classes.

Jeff Garcia, hometown hero boy for sure. His dad used to coach him in high school and at Gavilan College here in Gilroy. Also used to own the health club around the corner here. He gets a ton of press in the local fish wrap (which just went from 5 days a week to 2). Jeff is in town often and you usually run into him somewhere around town.

Another comer from Gilroy boxer Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero has an incredible record. Not sure what weight class, I think light or middle weight. Used to pass him running in the park while walking my dogs.

The national Blue Card is only available to BCBSGA plan participants in groups of 51+. This option is not available to small group or individual plans.

Perhaps it is different in CA.

From making a few more calls it seems the last person I spoke with at Carefirst is correct - she cannot just plop into any doctor's office who accepts BX.

The way is was explained to me was Carefirst has contracted rates with their doctors. Those contracted rates do not apply to other BX doctors/hospitals so if she seeks treatment out of the Carefirst network she's subject to balance billing.

One more reason not to sell BX and more reasons to sell plans with true national networks like Aetna, UHC and Assurant with PHCS for anyone who travels or lives out of state a portion of the year.

Back