When One Thing Goes Wrong

Oct 21, 2018

1. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Had an appointment with a young couple last Thursday evening... On Thursday afternoon, I received a call that one of our church members had possibly had a stoke and had wrecked his car. They airlifted him from the scene to a Chattanooga TN hospital about 60 miles from where I live. I take off down there to be with him and his family. After I get there, my wife calls and tells me they have rushed our sister-in-law to the ER thinking she has had a stroke.. At 6:00 my cell phone rings.. It is the prospect that has been waiting for me to show up since 5:00 PM.. I had forgotten all about the appointment.. I explained to her what was going on and she and her husband agree for me to come back Saturday evening after they get home from work (last night)

So, yesterday I drive the 35 miles to their house, using my GPS to find it. I wet early so I could scope out the place.. There was a car in the drive when I go by. I return about 5 minutes before the appointment and the car is gone.. Knock on the door.. nothing.. I decided they are getting even for my standing them up :yes:. I leave and go back later.. still no one home. I start to go back home but thought I would knock teh neighbor's door first.. She tells me I am the wrong house.. The couple I am looking for live about 1/4 mile up the road so I head up that way. They are waiting for me.. Now I am having to apologize for not only failing to show up Thursday but for being late this time.

The interview goes well, I sell them each a term policy with a child rider on his. I also sell a FE on his mother.. Total premium $99 and change. Get everything together and leave... Get about 2 miles from the house and it dawns on me that I collected checks with the applications but I did not get the FAX Check Form signed.. Turn around, go back, apologize, get it signed and leave.

This afternoon, I am processing the apps, getting ready to upload them to the HO. Something doesn't seem right so I double check and realize I have used outdated apps for the two term policies.. Now, I will have to run the clients down and get the correct apps signed... Seems like if you have one thing go wrong with a prospect, everything goes wrong.. I hate to go back again.. I already have made myself look very incompetent plus anytime you have to go back, it gives them an opportunity to change that mind.. :embarrassed::mad:

2. mudhound

mudhound Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    had weeks like this in the group side

mudhound, Oct 21, 2018
  3. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Not sure I could handle A week like this,,, much less weeks.. :no:

4. somarco

somarco That Medicare Guy

State:
    Georgia
    Sounds like you are new to this business. Perhaps a ride along with your upline will get you on the right track.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

somarco, Oct 21, 2018
  5. MIBizInsurance

MIBizInsurance Guru

Hope the Sister in Law is doing better and hang in there...that's all we can do some days.

6. nfl72

nfl72 Guru

Saturday night appointments. That is dedication.

nfl72, Oct 21, 2018
  7. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    Turned out neither had a stroke. SIL does have some type of brain issue but not sure what is the cause. The church member had some type of seizure..

8. rousemark

rousemark Still Here!

State:
    Tennessee
    As a general rule I don't work on Sat.

9. mudhound

mudhound Guru

State:
    Tennessee
    New? LOL!! I'm about 29years and counting new.

mudhound, Oct 22, 2018
  10. myinsurebiz

myinsurebiz Guru

State:
    Hawaii
    1) Sorry for your troubles and hope everyone recovers,

2) Awesome dedication to finishing the task,

3) Exactly why I hate paper apps and do everything over the phone / net.