When One Thing Goes Wrong

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Had an appointment with a young couple last Thursday evening... On Thursday afternoon, I received a call that one of our church members had possibly had a stoke and had wrecked his car. They airlifted him from the scene to a Chattanooga TN hospital about 60 miles from where I live. I take off down there to be with him and his family. After I get there, my wife calls and tells me they have rushed our sister-in-law to the ER thinking she has had a stroke.. At 6:00 my cell phone rings.. It is the prospect that has been waiting for me to show up since 5:00 PM.. I had forgotten all about the appointment.. I explained to her what was going on and she and her husband agree for me to come back Saturday evening after they get home from work (last night)

So, yesterday I drive the 35 miles to their house, using my GPS to find it. I wet early so I could scope out the place.. There was a car in the drive when I go by. I return about 5 minutes before the appointment and the car is gone.. Knock on the door.. nothing.. I decided they are getting even for my standing them up :yes:. I leave and go back later.. still no one home. I start to go back home but thought I would knock teh neighbor's door first.. She tells me I am the wrong house.. The couple I am looking for live about 1/4 mile up the road so I head up that way. They are waiting for me.. Now I am having to apologize for not only failing to show up Thursday but for being late this time.

The interview goes well, I sell them each a term policy with a child rider on his. I also sell a FE on his mother.. Total premium $99 and change. Get everything together and leave... Get about 2 miles from the house and it dawns on me that I collected checks with the applications but I did not get the FAX Check Form signed.. Turn around, go back, apologize, get it signed and leave.

This afternoon, I am processing the apps, getting ready to upload them to the HO. Something doesn't seem right so I double check and realize I have used outdated apps for the two term policies.. Now, I will have to run the clients down and get the correct apps signed... Seems like if you have one thing go wrong with a prospect, everything goes wrong.. I hate to go back again.. I already have made myself look very incompetent plus anytime you have to go back, it gives them an opportunity to change that mind.. :embarrassed::mad:

1) Sorry for your troubles and hope everyone recovers,

2) Awesome dedication to finishing the task,

3) Exactly why I hate paper apps and do everything over the phone / net.

Had an appointment with a young couple last Thursday evening... On Thursday afternoon, I received a call that one of our church members had possibly had a stoke and had wrecked his car. They airlifted him from the scene to a Chattanooga TN hospital about 60 miles from where I live. I take off down there to be with him and his family. After I get there, my wife calls and tells me they have rushed our sister-in-law to the ER thinking she has had a stroke.. At 6:00 my cell phone rings.. It is the prospect that has been waiting for me to show up since 5:00 PM.. I had forgotten all about the appointment.. I explained to her what was going on and she and her husband agree for me to come back Saturday evening after they get home from work (last night)

So, yesterday I drive the 35 miles to their house, using my GPS to find it. I wet early so I could scope out the place.. There was a car in the drive when I go by. I return about 5 minutes before the appointment and the car is gone.. Knock on the door.. nothing.. I decided they are getting even for my standing them up :yes:. I leave and go back later.. still no one home. I start to go back home but thought I would knock teh neighbor's door first.. She tells me I am the wrong house.. The couple I am looking for live about 1/4 mile up the road so I head up that way. They are waiting for me.. Now I am having to apologize for not only failing to show up Thursday but for being late this time.

The interview goes well, I sell them each a term policy with a child rider on his. I also sell a FE on his mother.. Total premium $99 and change. Get everything together and leave... Get about 2 miles from the house and it dawns on me that I collected checks with the applications but I did not get the FAX Check Form signed.. Turn around, go back, apologize, get it signed and leave.

This afternoon, I am processing the apps, getting ready to upload them to the HO. Something doesn't seem right so I double check and realize I have used outdated apps for the two term policies.. Now, I will have to run the clients down and get the correct apps signed... Seems like if you have one thing go wrong with a prospect, everything goes wrong.. I hate to go back again.. I already have made myself look very incompetent plus anytime you have to go back, it gives them an opportunity to change that mind.. :embarrassed::mad:

Back