When People Are Doing Dm and Tm Leads Are You Mailing and Calling to County's vs Zip Codes

goget

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been mailing to whole county's and i'm driving all over the place.I think I need to pick zip codes to mail to so my leads are in one area instead of driving 15 miles between appointments. Any feed back on both ways appreciated.

Last edited:
Actually it's best to mail an entire county first to get a "feel" for such areas are more FE conducive.

I occasionally work the county I live in, and know which areas that are better than others to work.

However, if I work a primarily rural town or a "big" little city, I end up mailing the whole county each time, and determine based on the results if I will remail the county in the future.

I've been mailing to whole county's and i'm driving all over the place.I think I need to pick zip codes to mail to so my leads are in one area instead of driving 15 miles between appointments. Any feed back on both ways appreciated.

I'm confused, why mail to the whole county if you have enough within a zip code to produce enough appointments ?

Last edited:
I think you are confusing CA with the rest of the country. The demographics you choose restrict the numbers, i.e. 60-75, 10-50 k, in most states would need more than one county (outside of the major metropolitan areas). Also,you need to move your mailings around to prevent saturation.

I think you are confusing CA with the rest of the country. The demographics you choose restrict the numbers, i.e. 60-75, 10-50 k, in most states would need more than one county (outside of the major metropolitan areas). Also,you need to move your mailings around to prevent saturation.

Spot on!

Ya gotta learn and understand your "local" area then learn the 3-4 hour driving radius.

----------

Spot on! Ya gotta learn and understand your "local" area then learn the 3-4 hour driving radius.

The only way to do it. Is work it F2F or over the phone, all depends on how you wanna sell.

I don't put much stock in "saturation" concerns anymore.

This market is already saturated with not only suspects receiving 2-3 mailers weekly, but also those not on the DNC (a large part of our marketable population) are getting multiple solicitations weekly as well.

Combine that with AARP, CP, MetLife, Starmount, Physicians Mutual mailers in combination with TV commercials...

I have thought of changing colors of the mailer when I mail close. Next time I will. Dave do you tweak or customize your content on you mailers?

I have thought of changing colors of the mailer when I mail close. Next time I will. Dave do you tweak or customize your content on you mailers?

I mail a set amount of leads..sometimes it is a whole county. Currently I am working a rather large county do I have 4 separate mailings going out of about 2k each. I did not order the entire county at once because I was not sure how the returns would be. Once I got my first drop back and wrote some good business I placed my next order.

I mail about 2k every two weeks. I get leads back within 2 weeks from my ordered date. This is one of the biggest reasons I like MSPM. I am sure being in the same state as a lead vendor increases the response time.

On changing the lead, I think the biggest changes are color and wording on the outside off the mailer. If it looks the same as the last couple they threw in the trash they probably aren't going to open it.

Mailing county wide is kind of unavoidable in rural areas. Plus, a 15 mile drive is nothing and par for the course in the country (many of them drive that to get groceries). It can be done in 20 minutes. Here in Philly, 15 miles could easily take an hour. But urban density allows for a tighter mailing area to avoid that. The area dictates, so take the rural driving distances in stride. This is true of any kind of any sales rep working in the country. Better be ready to get on your horse!

Last edited:

No -- I have tried almost every type of mailer with various colors, and am back to the old "tried and true" state regulated life insurance mailer on white card stock.

Back