When Sending Out Mailers, which of these Options Works Better?

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Option 1 is to use a mailing service that will include a Business Reply Card with each mailer, asking the prospect to provide a phone # so you can contact him. Your phone # is generally not printed on the mailers that are sent out.

Option 2 is to print your phone # on mailers without BRCs so that prospects can call you, but you don't get their names, addresses or phone numbers unless you are really good on the phone when they call.

Which of these has worked better for you?

TIA.

Option 1 is to use a mailing service that will include a Business Reply Card with each mailer, asking the prospect to provide a phone # so you can contact him. Your phone # is generally not printed on the mailers that are sent out.

Option 2 is to print your phone # on mailers without BRCs so that prospects can call you, but you don't get their names, addresses or phone numbers unless you are really good on the phone when they call.

Which of these has worked better for you?
Reply by mail/internet will out pull reply by phone every single damn time. Nobody wants to take the chance they're going to have to talk to an insurance agent (unless they're uninsurable).

Reply by mail/internet will out pull reply by phone every single damn time. Nobody wants to take the chance they're going to have to talk to an insurance agent (unless they're uninsurable).

False.

I saw this only because you've been accused of not saying anything helpful on this forum and this is helpful.

I completely agree though. Folks have tried it both ways, even with an answering service, folks want to send a card back. If you're sending out mail you should always have a BRC. There was a thread about a guy that ran a mail piece and had it go straight to a recording and he got a few responses out of what I believe was at least a 2,000 piece drop. With a BRC piece it's also much easier to follow up and keep working the lead because you have a tangible response of their interest.

I saw this only because you've been accused of not saying anything helpful on this forum and this is helpful.
Thanks, but your post presupposes that I care about being accused of anything.

As one of the six or seven original members of this forum (2006) I have been expressing my opinion freely for a long time. The only "opinions" that I take seriously are from the old-pro veterans (somarco, jdeasy, STI, rousemark, xrac, Newby etc. and others of their ilk).

The others (from most that will be out of the business in a year) are just...noise.

Thanks, but your post presupposes that I care about being accused of anything.

When exactly did I make that presumption? You've made it very clear in the past that you don't care for this forum as you did before because of vendors (which I clearly am), so why would I even attempt to get in your good graces if I even wanted to achieve that.

Please don't misunderstand me, I just assume be friendly with everyone, but my comments were more geared towards answering the OP than trying to get in bed with you.

What if your sending out a mailer to existing clients to advertise a new product they may be interested in? Which would be better? Or would it not make a difference?

What if your sending out a mailer to existing clients to advertise a new product they may be interested in? Which would be better? Or would it not make a difference?

I work my book a lot. If it is an "oh by the way" offer or info I will have one or two labels with my toll free number, email and text number added to the piece. I may also paper clip a colored message sheet and write "Call Lee / the insurance guy about...." Add my contact info. If it is a more direct offer I have used BRM cards and envelopes. I find I get a better response from the envelopes. I also include my toll free,email and text number.

Lee

Latest posts

Back