Where are all the T65 leads with UHC?

Carlos ...seriously you will only build your business when you become totally independent.

For some reason ICA agents for UHC or captive agents for Humana have a hard time with pulling the trigger and truly becoming independent..

Are you really offering your clients the best option in the marketplace or only the best available option that UHC offers.

Many of us on this forum have built very successful multimillion-dollar books of business by being Independent.

Within the last 12 months I have been fortunate that more than 10 ICA and or captive agents have joined our team.. I think if you poll each and every one of these agentd they will tell you it was the best decision they ever made.

If you do leave never ever assign your commissions to any IMO and or FMO. Always have carrier pay you direct. There are many many agencies and or FMO's that have you assign your commissions to them
DON'T DO IT.. don't ever assign your commissions to anyone if you become independent..

Don't be swayed a someone saying that this FMO or that FMO is better than the rest because they're good old boys. Every FMO should provide good service that is a given. It is what they offer above and beyond of being just Good Ol Boys
Make sure that whoever you go with gives you tangible benefits not pie-in-the-sky promises.
Everybody and I mean everybody will want you to move your contract to them if you leave UHC be selective remember you are in control.

You seem to be focused on leads. Leads are important but your hard work and getting centers of influence to refer business to you is more important.

I think you're really they're taking the easy way out but not going independent now. There is absolutely no reason to go through another AEP as a captive agent none zero nada

I think you're really they're taking the easy way out but not going independent now. There is absolutely no reason to go through another AEP as a captive agent none zero nada

Couldn't agree more. Cut the umbilical cord now. Contract with the big OH carriers and don't look back. If you are in CBus I can point you to a few people who can help (I'm not a recruiter). Feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Yes, offering MedSupps too and actually working on more of a push with those as consumers seem to use the medsupp term as a catchall for any kind of plan in addition to just A/B. I've done MAPD mailers primarily in the past, but am curious if I'll get a better response with MedSupp mailers just because more people tend to know what a medsupp is. We shall see.

I was thinking about this but forgot to reply on it.

In my opinion, marketing "branded" for Med Supps vs marketing "branded" for MAPD will both get responses, but you can't count on the med supp language to bring you a med supp prospect (they may want to buy a MAPD once you talk with them), and you can't count on the mapd language to bring you a mapd prospect (they may want to buy a med supp once you talk with them).

You may be more likely to get the fish that you want based on the bait - but it doesn't always work out that way...

Just my $.02.......

As for storing materials, I have a shelf about 4 ft x 2 ft that I paid about 30 bucks for with some magazine files for sales materials (I make sure everyone gets a copy of anything required), a filing cabinet, and a desk. I check and file my commissions as they come in, and it takes about 10-15 minutes each to input my pay and cross reference my sales each time. I probably spend more time than most on this, but i'm OCD and I spend about the same amount of time on this forum each day, so its just part of my routine. If you build your book of business captive then walk away, chances are you lose those and have to start over. I don't know why you would want to potentially lose out on money because you have to do an extra 2 hours of work a month checking commissions and giving up 4 sqft of space storing marketing materials.

Question: If one wants to go from ICA and become independent, can one take their UH ICA book of business with them? Or will they lose out on all the renewals once they go independent?

I use to work in the telesales division but now I am independent. I will say that majority of the sales are through telesales. The managers were threatening everybody for setting appointments because our job was to sell over the telephone, not be an appointment setter. They listen to calls and if you set an appointment that they feel like could of been sold over the phone you would be punished and eventually fired if it is a reoccurring action.

I hope I made a right decision because it’s AEP and I am barely getting any leads. If I do get a lead it’s either a PDP or OIS.

I use to work in the telesales division but now I am independent. I will say that majority of the sales are through telesales. The managers were threatening everybody for setting appointments because our job was to sell over the telephone, not be an appointment setter. They listen to calls and if you set an appointment that they feel like could of been sold over the phone you would be punished and eventually fired if it is a reoccurring action.

I hope I made a right decision because it’s AEP and I am barely getting any leads. If I do get a lead it’s either a PDP or OIS.

What’s your source of leads?

Majority of my leads come from UHC bConnected. I have purchased my own leads but the DM leads were horrible so I’m looking for a better lead source.

Back