Where Can I Get Health Insurance?

Discussion in 'Health Insurance and Ancillary Benefits' started by dalex90, May 10, 2017.

1. timamr

timamr Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Dave020, it is certainly going to be a rate up to him, especially if he has been used to a group plan and does not qualify for any subsidy....no matter who he/she voted for! :)

To the original poster: as others have said, you can get coverage thru ACA now if u qualify. If not you wait until November. Regardless, I hope you are sitting down when you get ur quote from ACA, pre-exisiting or not! Unless you get a big subsidy, you are going to be in for some serious sticker shock! Good luck!

----------

One more alternative would be a "short term" policy or an indemnity policy BUT most if not all will not cover any pre-x. Meaning....they will issue you a policy but any pre-x condition will not be covered. For your situation it is probably best to get an ACA plan now if you qualify, or wait until Nov. 1st to enroll for a start date of Jan 1st.

2. BibH

BibH Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yes unfortunately i think healthcare is going back to the way it was before obamacare. $10k deductibles with skimpy benefits.People again will fear leaving there jobs due to not being able to get good health ins. In the end the only way to solve this is a medicare type 1 payer system were ALL pay into it. There's no other solution. A 55 yr old single male with a $2500 deductible is over $1k a month. Its impossible to sustain these premiums

3. yorkriver1

yorkriver1 Well-Known Member

State:

If you are on state healthcare, we aren't sure if you mean as an employee or essentially, Medicaid. If your income from the business would make you ineligible for Medicaid, the date that ends would be the start date you could qualify for a special enrollment period to enroll in an individual plan on the Health Insurance Marketplace. Another agent posted to contact healthcare.gov. I would second that, as they can evaluate your situation with regards to when you may be able to enroll, other than for 1/1/2018.