Where Do I Learn About Life Insurance?

Well, that's simply the Western Judea-Christian belief. There are about a billion people who follow the various Hindu traditions (they don't call them "religions") as well as variants of vedic scriptures who would disagree with you..

Al, I don't care if there are a trillion people that would disaghree with me inasmuch as I am a WICCAN!:1tongue:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
al3 said:
What was ironic was that as a percentage of their numbers, far more Jews joined the movement than did Christians. (Surveys show that when Jews leave the religion most become Catholics or Buddhists... not "liberal" Protestants such as Methodists or Unitarians. Go figure.)

I have heard otherwise. Many famous Jews in the mid-twentieth century were Jews whose families had coverted to Episcopalian,e.g., C. Douglas Dillon (Secretary of the Treasury in Kennedy's cabinet) and Barry Goldwater (Senator from Arizona). Dillon's paternal grandfather was Samuel Lapowski, a Polish immigrant. Golwater's paternal grandparents were Michel and Sahara (Nathan) Goldwasser who were married in the Grteat Synagouge of London. The family name was changed to Goldwater as early as 1860. Then there is Milton Himmelfarb's famous aphorism that description of liberal American Jews: they..."live like Episcopalians, but vote like Puerto Ricans."

Last edited:
Back