Where Do We Go from Here? POLL

Where do we go from here? POLL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Given the epic fail of the Senate bill, where do we go from here?

I see:

STM ruling overturned by HHS.
Band aid bill like DC health exchange for counties with no carriers.
Slush funds for reinsurance for states like Alaska.

Last edited:
I see single payer within a few years. The republitards don't have the nads nor the votes to actually repeal. They're more concerned about keeping their majority than doing what's right for us.

Rick

Republican failure was predictable. Easy to vote 29 times (or whatever the number was) to repeal Ocare when they knew Obummer would veto if it even got that far. When they had nothing ready for DJT to sign in the first 30 days you knew it would never happen.

The repeal (only) bill they passed in 2015 was more stringent than what they were supposed to vote on this week.

Campaign promises are cheap. Real action is a different story. DJT needs a pen and a phone. Guess Obummer took it when he was evicted.

I see single payer within a few years.
Rick

I agree with Rick here.

The insurance carriers may want and may strongly support single-payer in a Medicare-like system allowing them to sell expensive, high-profit supplements where the the risk-to-premium-dollar is low, and where they can sell with less cost online or direct without 'expensive' agents.

The above is not my analysis. I work in M&A and I heard this yesterday when speaking to a mid-level executive who is with one of the mega-carriers.

We used to take business from lazy agent by enrolling everyone including the healthy that had declined. Total premiums for the group were slightly more than what had been paid when participation was poor and only the sickies were covered. Premiums per member dropped drastically. We have a similar situation under ACA. Adverse selection is the only explanation for the rate increases we've seen. Carriers know how to run a block of business.

I hate the term "single payer ". It is caustic and prevents necessary changes. We need everyone without group coverage to be enrolled. Eligible charges needs to include most procedures.

Plan design could extract some cash for things like birth control and help keep baby making charges down. RX copays cover 30 to 50% of the cost. Get Congress out of the drug companies pocket and allow price negotiations.

Let those who have income buy HDHP and fund HSAs up to the maximum out of pocket that was in effect during the year. Let low income people have copays to keep them out of the ER.

Let carriers bid their ASO services and have claims funded with a tax similar to Medicare so everyone contributes. Let carriers write supplements if they can.

It will become much more painful before anything is done.

Since Obamacare started insurance for all, no underwriting and subsidies the die was cast for single payer. It is inevitable, let the GOP craft it and own it and move on. Otherwise nothing is going to be done and all Trump's agenda will be stymied. Tired of the lackluster republican that are totally useless

Dope... Crack... Weed.... Subsidies and CSR's....

Obama was one smart cookie... He knew if he got that needle in the veins of the American people and got them addicted to his dope he had them.... This aint ever gonna go back to before... Obamacare or something even more severe will be here forever, if not the GOP'ers will all be tossed out when all them subsidy junkies turn out to vote instead of sitting at the house because they could not vote for the HildaBeast.

Latest posts

Back