Where Do You Find Good Employees?

insuranceconceptscindy

Guru
100+ Post Club
Las Vegas
I lost my assistant. She was fabulous and now I am learning that she was a fluke. How do you guys find good help?

I've started my search on Craigslist- it's where I got a good one. The price is right- $25. So far it has not worked for me. I have set up 9 interviews, 2 have been no-shows, a couple just didn't click and one didn't even bother to wear a bra- to a job interview!! :err:

I guess I will need to put actual money into this if I want to get someone good. Where should I start? Monster ($400 for 1 ad)? LinkedIn ($175 for 1 ad)? The newspaper? I just posted an ad on Indeed.com from a friend's recommendation. Thought's on an employment agency? Help me out here! I'm desperate!

I lost my assistant. She was fabulous and now I am learning that she was a fluke. How do you guys find good help?

I've started my search on Craigslist- it's where I got a good one. The price is right- $25. So far it has not worked for me. I have set up 9 interviews, 2 have been no-shows, a couple just didn't click and one didn't even bother to wear a bra- to a job interview!! :err:

I guess I will need to put actual money into this if I want to get someone good. Where should I start? Monster ($400 for 1 ad)? LinkedIn ($175 for 1 ad)? The newspaper? I just posted an ad on Indeed.com from a friend's recommendation. Thought's on an employment agency? Help me out here! I'm desperate!

How about a good old fashioned Help Wanted ad in your newspaper? (low cost) And, listing with your local Sate Job Services (Unemployment) agency?(no cost)

Personally, I don't think many of the better applicants are going to Craig's List simply because there are so many scams there. But then, I am old and not up to date on this new fangled technology.

Our best employees have mostly been referrals from people we know or from the agents. Ask around. Networking is how the best get jobs now.

Look at the state operated job site and see if there is anyone worth interviewing there. Talk to the colleges or technical schools in your area. They usually have students looking for a job. You might find someone there. My main source of hiring is word of mouth or Craigslist.

Your clients are your best source of referrals for that type of thing. It's rare that I have any type of work done for me whether it's in the yard, telemarketing, office assistance, painting the house, etc. that isn't performed by a client or referral from a client.

Last edited:
Most colleges offer a free job listing service for their students/graduates-I've always had good luck starting there. Also, I now also use a service called Career Plug that is an internet aggregator of applicants. My last 2 hires were from CP.

Most are used to stress and long hours. Not all but some.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Also change and have the ability to adapt to it. Multiple duty station and job changes. Also most do not whine.

Possibly some tax credits or incentives available.

----------

They likely will have health benefits.

Latest posts

Back