Where does this guy get insurance in Texas?

DHocott

IÂ’m so new to the industry the ink on my license is still wet, and I will admit the learning curve is a bit steep, but I have already learned a ton from just lurking here and want to thank you guys for all the advice.

So, where should a 40 year old male who is 5’9” 270lbs and has high blood pressure and diabetes look for health insurance in Texas?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
well dane the two appointments with gr and time is not going to help you....I would try Aetna and or Humana and that still would be slim....risk pool is your only move after that if no group options are available and cobra has been exhausted even if he takes it or not.....

Aetna's chances are zero. First of all, the height and weight is over their BMI table and the HBP combined with the diabetes would be a flat decline even if the diabetes is diet controlled. There is no underwritten product this person qualifies for. Get a job with benefits, write yourself a small group plan if you're self-employed or it's a state risk pool.

well dane the two appointments with gr and time is not going to help you....I would try Aetna and or Humana and that still would be slim....risk pool is your only move after that if no group options are available and cobra has been exhausted even if he takes it or not.....

I was pretty much thinking this guy is going to have trouble while talking to him, but thought I would ask here anyway. Thanks,

john_petrowski said:
"I have two DWI's, three speeding tickets and an accident last year. Where do I go to get car insurance?"

I actually was going to ask that question but was hesitant :lol:

If the person mentioned in the original post were to lose weight and reduce his blood pressure (through diet & exercise, if possible) would he become more eligible or would his previous history still disqualify him?

Back