Where I can find an underwriting job?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 87445

How do I find a insurance Underwriter Job?

I went to Indeed.com Most of underwriting jobs requires heavy experience.

Not many are hiring new underwriters.

Please advise.:noteworthy:

Most companies will talk to someone that is interested but they want to work you up from an assistant level position to an associate level then to a full underwriter. Assistants do not make a lot of money. There is a demand for good underwriters. Find a company in a rural area that has a hard time finding help. Good Luck.

I was thinking the same. Technology is far from replacing u.w's. I'd love to see a portal underwrite a satelite or something unique like that

For anyone who isn't familiar with InsCommentary, that was a joke. He is Don Quixote and Big Data is his windmill.

He makes some very valid points about Big Data, just not sure he's going to win.

Dave-Bautista-Drax-the-Destroyer-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy.jpg

"Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast"

VolAgent, Kuddos for the Literary reference of Don and his windmill! You just went up 2 spots on my spectrum of respect. you were already pretty high.

Eugene- the Pic and quote of Drax or WWE actually dropped you two spots. (UNLESS!!!!!!- you intentionally went to the other end of the Cultured spectrum intentionally!- then, bam up two places as well)

I am thinking Inscommentary is Ins1825 (under a new name) playing out his role here in a slightly more respectful manner.

Why on earth would you want to be an underwriter? they are rotten people. I hope they all get replaced by technology and they all lose their homes and have to live on the streets

InsCommentary has a valid point for quite a few lines of coverage. P&C, especially commercial and surplus lines is more of a specialty an AI isn't (yet) capable of replacing those jobs.

Most routine, off the shelf lines of coverage, have little need for a human. Apps submitted electronically are scanned and reviewed by machines. Many life and health apps can be turned around in 2 business days or less because computers do most of the grunt work.

The few underwriters left in the health insurance field know very little about real underwriting. They review an app that has been pre-screened by the terminator and flagged for human interaction. If an applicant or agent calls in to find out why the app was rejected or rated, the human on the other end of the line quotes from the underwriting manual on their screen.

It is all black and white. No negotiation.

1f4c25f2d0049e52e811f9937c18ab3d.jpg

Back