Where to Find Business Insurance I Don't Offer?

theoneagent

Expert
I currently work in a captured agency and because of this I keep having to turn down certain risks. The last three were understandable but I want to lead people to where they can find a good company that does business risks that are not common. I have used insurance marketplace but that website is a chore to review and find things, any suggestions of where else to go?

By the way the business I had to turn down.
DJ/VJ
Pilot Car for a independent truck.
Candle maker
90% alcohol bar 10% food

I currently work in a captured agency and because of this I keep having to turn down certain risks. The last three were understandable but I want to lead people to where they can find a good company that does business risks that are not common. I have used insurance marketplace but that website is a chore to review and find things, any suggestions of where else to go?

By the way the business I had to turn down.
DJ/VJ
Pilot Car for a independent truck.
Candle maker
90% alcohol bar 10% food

Think about networking with a local independent agent for a referral fee or maybe a 1099 deal. Don't know if your captive boss will frown on that.

Other than the bar, those are all accounts you should be happy to walk from. I would place that with USLI. Your captive carrier is protecting you from yourself. Those type of accounts are unprofitable time drains.

Other than the bar, those are all accounts you should be happy to walk from. I would place that with USLI. Your captive carrier is protecting you from yourself. Those type of accounts are unprofitable time drains.

Oh I am sure of it, but the point is to know where to go when they ask. The insurance exists and I want to be helpful, and it is also curiosity to know where to look.

Find a few small independent agents and refer it off. Give them three names but don't give a strong endorse ment to any of them.

Okay, so I guess there isn't really an online directory that I can go to for this then. Insurance marketplace was a nice site but I was hoping for more competition as these products are not the most popular but still wanted.

I will ask around then to the independents and see.

Okay, so I guess there isn't really an online directory that I can go to for this then. Insurance marketplace was a nice site but I was hoping for more competition as these products are not the most popular but still wanted.

I will ask around then to the independents and see.

Are you allowed to work with a wholesaler?

Back