Where to Find DOI Rate Filing Information

Here is the question: Where can I find information on which companies have filed for rate adjustments - specifically auto and home. I contacted our DOI (NV) and they stated that they don't release that information publicly. However; when I was captive our State Execs would always be able to tell us that company "X" filed for an "X%" rate increase, so clearly its available information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Depends on the DOI on what is released publicly. Some states post most everything online about carriers and producers...others release next to nothing. Of the ones that provide information, some do it for free and others charge.

There is software or subscription based programs that can often look rate filings up should the state not show them but they cost money.

Depends on the DOI on what is released publicly. Some states post most everything online about carriers and producers...others release next to nothing. Of the ones that provide information, some do it for free and others charge.

There is software or subscription based programs that can often look rate filings up should the state not show them but they cost money.

Thanks. Can you point name toward any of those fee based systems/subscriptions? I'd really appreciate it.

Here is the question: Where can I find information on which companies have filed for rate adjustments - specifically auto and home. I contacted our DOI (NV) and they stated that they don't release that information publicly. However; when I was captive our State Execs would always be able to tell us that company "X" filed for an "X%" rate increase, so clearly its available information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I asked this question on here a few months ago and got blasted. Seems like a legitimate question to me.

Check your DOI's website. Ours posts all filings online, its public information.

I asked this question on here a few months ago and got blasted. Seems like a legitimate question to me.

Check your DOI's website. Ours posts all filings online, its public information.

Really; you got blasted? Interesting. Anyway; I did already check with my state - sent an email to them and they were very nice and wrote back that they don't release that information to the public. I know it's still available thought becasue a number of corporate advisors from my prior captive company alwasy has this information.

By blasted were you told "Check your DOI's website. Ours posts all filings online, its public information.""

By blasted were you told "Check your DOI's website. Ours posts all filings online, its public information.""

No... I was told it was irrelevant what the increases were because everyone increases their rates and blah blah blah....

I already knew about the DOI website, but ours posts all filings for everything in one big document. Even if an insurance company wants to just change the wording of a policy. So the rates filings are buried in thousands and thousands of pages of nonsense.

Thanks. Can you point name toward any of those fee based systems/subscriptions? I'd really appreciate it.

Not positive on the names, they are usually purchased by larger IMOs or carriers. Whoever received the info before would be a good place to ask.

Not positive on the names, they are usually purchased by larger IMOs or carriers. Whoever received the info before would be a good place to ask.

yeah; I cant ask that source since it is the state executive for Farmers (I was captive). I've asked the reps for Mercury and Travelers and they didn't know.

Back