Where to Find Good Training for New Agent?

dcorrp

Expert
Hey, this question is for all you health and life guys. I am a P&C agent trying to help out a friend. She is thinking about changing carriers to insurance and wants to do health and life in California. I started out working for an agent who trained me and paid for my licensing and later I went independent. I told her that is her best bet, but what do you guys think? What are some good companies that can help her get started by training her and helping her get licensed? I have heard a little about Health Choice One, what is that all about?

Thanks for your help.

Most of the training will come for two places.

1. The insurance companies she is appointed with.

2. FMO's or NMO's for her life and annuity contracts.

Learning the health insurance business today is similar to learning how to use a slide rule. Might be interesting knowledge, but not terribly useful.

Tell her to go to www.iliaa.org and invest $1 for 30 days membership. She'll get a ton of information on life insurance and how to get started in this industry.

I'm in CA and if she would like to talk, have her contact me.

Rick

Stop pushing ilaa unless you disclose that you are an owner. it is getting old.

Stop pushing ilaa unless you disclose that you are an owner. it is getting old.

Most of the topics on this forum are rehashed time and time again, new thread after new thread. This one is a perfect example. How many times do we have a thread on here with someone who just got licensed and is going "Now what?" The answer, is quite a bit. If they're asking one might understandably come to the conclusion that they have not read the other threads and should get presented with the obvious solution that joining an association that is not trying to push an angle other than "here are some things you should look at" could be providing a valuable service. I'm sure that anyone that's left NAA, Primerica, Combined, or a pile of other organizations wishes someone could have shamelessly promoted their association that could help them avoid making costly mistakes.

And some people complain about Rob, at least he has the balls to say that HE is making the money.

I took the iliaa out of my signature file when it was pointed out that it made it look like I was pimping my association with every post.

Now I am told that I need to disclose this.

So, it's back in the signature file and will stay there.

Rick

Back