Where To Get Pre Set MAPD Appt.

I ran 27 presets this week, all set by my wife. Several were from internet leads but many were from previous folks I have either done business with before, referrals or have met thru mailings and seminars over the last several years.

There are no short cuts that work. There are plenty of places to buy lists and call from, but if you are spending this time of year calling instead of running appts you are wasting precious time. The AEP is short and is shortened even more by holidays. To be asking where to buy presets or lists on November 15 is probably a sign that you are not going to sell a lot of MA's this year.

If you are licensed and certified to sell you must have an FMO. They are going to be your best option. Perhaps on of their established agents has more clients than he can service and is willing to work with you. Half of something is a whole lot better than what you are going to get on your own this late in the process. Perhaps your FMO has leads or a lead source.

This is not an easy business. It takes several years, lots of marketing mistakes, and hard work to get to where you can set a significant amount of appts. To pay someone else to do it for you, and for them to be qualifed appts will cost you a lot of money. Anything less than $30 is probably going to be worthless appts and if you do a search you will find that nobody here has a good preset source that is cheap or that they will share. I will sell you my wife, but it is only fair to warn you that she is not cheap to maintain. ;)

Anyone have a good company to get pre set mapd appt. in NC, or direct mail phone list.

In addition to what Chuck said, I surmise that you aren't up-to-date on the CMS regulations if you think you can use a phone list. Forget that! That was last year, no longer an option from now on. Now if you are trying just to get direct mail addresses, that's another story. You can direct mail, but you must use an approved letter, and you can get a copy of one from your MA-PD carrier (usually). If not, you are screwed there, too.

Like Chuck said, this is a tough business to be cutting your teeth on.

Ive been in the business since jan of this year and the reason i ask i recently went to a broker contract and lost my lead support through my FMO which wasnt much support at all they were paying me 250 an app and charging 16 per direct mail responce lead so now im working off of an exsisting client list and making 500 an app on average

so i need a company to buy direct mail responses from or pre set appt

As retread said, you cannot set appts by phone unless these people have responded to a mailing and requested to be contacted. It is too late unless you hook up with someone who has already done the mailing and has the reply cards in hand. Do not discount all of the groundwork those of us doing this line have put in over the last few months, and for that matter the last few years. You cannot show up Nov 15 and hope to come up with a plan.

In my opinion, it is too late. Anyone with reply cards in hand has someone to run the appts for them. I did get a mailing from agentpipeline dot whatever, that is soliciting potential clients to call them to set appts. Maybe they have more than they can handle in your area and would contract you. I doubt that is the case. Why would they waste money on a mailing without a plan in place? If you know anything about this product and the rules in place for 2009 you would not be asking these questions this late in the game, so... unless you get lucky, you are too late.

Last edited:
Ive been in the business since jan of this year and the reason i ask i recently went to a broker contract and lost my lead support through my FMO which wasnt much support at all they were paying me 250 an app and charging 16 per direct mail responce lead so now im working off of an exsisting client list and making 500 an app on average

so i need a company to buy direct mail responses from or pre set appt

If you're in NC, I'm going to guess you were with TAG/Miracle. Sounds like their set up.

The free living will idea Mark posted in the getting started thread is a good way to get some fresh leads. I sent a mailing out of a few hundred the next day and already got 2 calls and appointments today from it.

As for pre-sets, if you're contracted for med sups, that will probably be the closest thing you can get. It would be better to be able to offer both to your clients anyway, because MA's aren't always in their best interest.

If you're in NC, I'm going to guess you were with TAG/Miracle. Sounds like their set up.

The free living will idea Mark posted in the getting started thread is a good way to get some fresh leads. I sent a mailing out of a few hundred the next day and already got 2 calls and appointments today from it.

As for pre-sets, if you're contracted for med sups, that will probably be the closest thing you can get. It would be better to be able to offer both to your clients anyway, because MA's aren't always in their best interest.

Finally somebody that gives advice and not opinion on how bad they think ill do.
Thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
As retread said, you cannot set appts by phone unless these people have responded to a mailing and requested to be contacted. It is too late unless you hook up with someone who has already done the mailing and has the reply cards in hand. Do not discount all of the groundwork those of us doing this line have put in over the last few months, and for that matter the last few years. You cannot show up Nov 15 and hope to come up with a plan.

In my opinion, it is too late. Anyone with reply cards in hand has someone to run the appts for them. I did get a mailing from agentpipeline dot whatever, that is soliciting potential clients to call them to set appts. Maybe they have more than they can handle in your area and would contract you. I doubt that is the case. Why would they waste money on a mailing without a plan in place? If you know anything about this product and the rules in place for 2009 you would not be asking these questions this late in the game, so... unless you get lucky, you are too late.

Thanks for all the negativity and the updates on cms rules and how leads, I know all the rules and i know how the leads work but im looking for advice on where to buy leads from

You know with all that negativity balled up in one person im not sure how youve made it in sales:err:

Last edited:
Sorry. If you know the answers and the rules why are you asking the questions? You questions lead us to believe you were new to the business and had no clue...

My answers are truthful and appropriate response to your questions. If you want better answers, explain your questions better.

Latest posts

Back