Where to Hold a Stupid One Hour Seminar?!

Folks,

For the past two weeks, I’ve been raking my brain as to where to have my LTC seminar.

Here’s what I can’t do: Hotel, restaurant, borough hall (non-profits can’t sponsor me), American Legion Hall ($350), libraries (for profit companies can’t even lecture at the library), locally at my “club house” in my community ($150 I don’t have). Called my local Rotary, waiting a response. Ambulance building, waiting a response.

Here’s what’s left: street corner with a bull horn like Abe Lincoln. Rent my associate’s conference room for an hour.

Anything else? I’m telling you, and don’t laugh, I’m ready to knock on my neighbor’s door about ten miles from here, introduce myself and rent their living room out for an hour for $50 -that I DO have. :swoon:

Why out of the community? Because it's gated and the average person from the nearest vicinity WON'T find my house or their way out.

CR :1arghh:

</IMG></IMG>

Have you tried your local bank? We used to have mtgs in some branch banks here in metro Atl...and far as I know, if you're a customer (must be an account holder, I think) you could prob reserve it for a few hours. Sell them on the idea of future depositors.

Are you near a university or college? I know at UGA (University of Georgia, not the MEGA/HealthMarkets type) pretty much anyone could rent out a classroom, a hall, a plaza, or any other type of meeting place.

Dude - if you can't do $150 - why mess with it?

Takes money to make money.

Me personally - I would do a "dinner" type - charge a fee to attend and include dinner. Just don't do it at Waffle House.

Tom

Well, I can, but in a few months. GF is the breadwinner for now. Charge people a fee? I guess. For an hour's lecture? I don't know man. Their feeling I'm sure is: $25 for a dinner and lecture? I don't know. I'll give it some thought.

LTC, right? I have partnered with an in-home care service to do a seminar and they provided the meeting room. There must be something along those lines where you live.

I don't think you've mentioned how many people you expect to attend.

Back