Where to Insure a Vintage Fire Truck

ishiboo

I have a client in Wisconsin who wishes to insure a 70s fire truck. It falls just under the weight limits for a CDL, however he uses it only on rare occasions (though NOT limited to just parades) so definitely under 3000 miles a year.

So far neither the normal nor the commercial companies have been interested. My agent friends said call Progressive, Progressive said call Geico, and Geico said call Progressive.

The person has a clean record over the past 3 years with no moving violations, but one DUI and some speeding issues prior to that. He's only looking for state minimum liability.

Any thoughts of places to try?

Specialty vehicle. Try something like Foremost.
No standard carrier will take it, but it sounds like you've figured that out already.

Dan

I would try Foremost. Another company you can look at that will do some odd risks is called
"Appalachian Underwriters", not sure if they would do it in Wisconsin, but it is worth a try. w w w . a p p u n d . c o m

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Helv]I need to insure a vintage fire truck. Progressive and Geico refuse.
It's driven under 5k a year but not always in parades. Any thoughts? Have tried several commercial insurers, though they won't either.
[/FONT]

Back