Which Certificate to Use for Commercial Auto Rental

I have a commercial auto (truck) account. They plan to rent a truck with a 25 ft box from a national rental company for couple of weeks. The rental company is requiring a certificate of insurance showing liability and comp/coll coverage. Insured has coverage for a rental vehicle: Liability (symbol 1), comp/coll (symbol 8).

The rental company requires the certificate NOT to include any unit or serial number of the rented vehicle and it is to be named as additional insured and loss payee to the rented unit.

My question is which certificate would you use: ACORD 25 or ACORD 23?

The carrier underwriter has been less than helpful in providing any guidance.

TIA.

I always use the acord 25.
Did they specify hired / non owned coverage as well?
The big box rentals are asking to leave out vehicle info, so that if the insured needs to replace the original rented vehicle with another one, they can swap it out under hired / non owned and not have it listed on the policy ( I still advise my clients that they need to immediately notify us so that the vehicle can be scheduled.

I always use the acord 25.
Did they specify hired / non owned coverage as well?
The big box rentals are asking to leave out vehicle info, so that if the insured needs to replace the original rented vehicle with another one, they can swap it out under hired / non owned and not have it listed on the policy ( I still advise my clients that they need to immediately notify us so that the vehicle can be scheduled.

Thanks for the reply, both of you.

I need to add:

The Insured rents the truck couple times a month for a day or two, never the same truck. The rental company requires to be named Additional Insured & Loss Payee. However the carrier advised me that they will not endorse Loss Payee without the truck's info (yr, model, VIN). To add LP they are willing to add & delete the truck as needed and for me to issue a cert for each rental.

The Insured's Business Auto policy has an endorsement specifically allowing for rental vehicles, backed up with Symbol 8 - Hired-Auto-Physical Damage, "if any" basis.

I could issue the cert w/o the vehicle info, but getting the Insured or rental company to the vehicle info send me the rental agreement for the carrier's vehicle info requirement....???

This is simple. What your underwriter wants is what your underwriter gets.

Tell your insured to tell the rental company that if they won't accept the certificate with the truck identified on it, then he will rent from someplace else.

Not a lot of choice here.

Back