Which Companies Are Thr Easiest to Beat?

Rearden and Louis - notice how neither one of you mentioned rates when asked what factors are involved when choosing an insurance company. Both had good answers, but what the concern I see with how you answered and what was stated previously (forgive me for assuming) is that when it comes to replacing - cheaper is better. When it comes to working with a great insurance company, it's not about rates. Maybe I read your responses wrong, it's early, but that is point I make. Cheaper isn't better. The example you gave regarding settlers life, isn't a rarity in this business. Insurance companies flip there books. So let me give you this example - I sold a man a policy, it was a while back so I forgot the details. I sold him a policy with either BL or transamerica. After i.sold him, less than a week later he calls me wanting to cancel because he found something cheaper. After looking into what he had, he was saving around $10 a month with some company I never heard of. I did research on that company and they have only been around for 15 years they were rated b- with am best and had a decrease in rating the previous year. Yes the man bought something cheaper, but was he better off taking a chance with a company with a much lower financial score and not as much history than he would of been by going with a company that has been around for a hundred years with strong financial backing? I saved him. But in your opinion, was I wrong here? I don't remember the other insurance companies name, I'll look into my contacts management system and check my notes.

----------

6 Month old LH $78/mo 10K w/25k Rider

New Carrier 60/mo 10K
Child 25K Policy 10.50/mo

CB thoughts?

What are you asking, should you replace that? Again, like everything else I have posted, on price sure. But just to say "new carrier" means that all you were focused on is rates. That is where I'm disagreeing. All insurance companies are not created equal. Example liberty Bankers life runs a very small operation. Because they run such a small operation and initially they didn't require a phone interview they had cheap rates. But it took forever for policies to get issues, when my customer when call in, they wouldn't speak to them and deferred it back me. There staff is not trained as adequately as other companies I've worked with. They are behind on there online portal to check business. But they have good rates. I don't want good rates, I want a good company that I know if I died in a car accident tomorrow, my customers will still be taken care of. Not a company that wants to charge a customer money to send out a new policy to them.

Rearden and Louis - notice how neither one of you mentioned rates when asked what factors are involved when choosing an insurance company. Both had good answers, but what the concern I see with how you answered and what was stated previously (forgive me for assuming) is that when it comes to replacing - cheaper is better. When it comes to working with a great insurance company, it's not about rates. Maybe I read your responses wrong, it's early, but that is point I make. Cheaper isn't better. The example you gave regarding settlers life, isn't a rarity in this business. Insurance companies flip there books. So let me give you this example - I sold a man a policy, it was a while back so I forgot the details. I sold him a policy with either BL or transamerica. After i.sold him, less than a week later he calls me wanting to cancel because he found something cheaper. After looking into what he had, he was saving around $10 a month with some company I never heard of. I did research on that company and they have only been around for 15 years they were rated b- with am best and had a decrease in rating the previous year. Yes the man bought something cheaper, but was he better off taking a chance with a company with a much lower financial score and not as much history than he would of been by going with a company that has been around for a hundred years with strong financial backing? I saved him. But in your opinion, was I wrong here? I don't remember the other insurance companies name, I'll look into my contacts management system and check my notes.

----------

What are you asking, should you replace that? Again, like everything else I have posted, on price sure. But just to say "new carrier" means that all you were focused on is rates. That is where I'm disagreeing. All insurance companies are not created equal. Example liberty Bankers life runs a very small operation. Because they run such a small operation and initially they didn't require a phone interview they had cheap rates. But it took forever for policies to get issues, when my customer when call in, they wouldn't speak to them and deferred it back me. There staff is not trained as adequately as other companies I've worked with. They are behind on there online portal to check business. But they have good rates. I don't want good rates, I want a good company that I know if I died in a car accident tomorrow, my customers will still be taken care of. Not a company that wants to charge a customer money to send out a new policy to them.

Cheaper is not always better..But I don't always consider ratings either. You did not do wrong by saving the business.. In the end, it is up to the client to decide what is best for them after they have all the facts..I certainly agree that customer service, prompt paying of claims, etc. are certainly things to be considered when choosing a company. However, in most situations it is an agent's subjective judgement that is the driving force not ethics or lack thereof. Just curious, you say you had sold the guy BL or Tansamerica. Is BL Banker's Life?

Cheaper is not always better..But I don't always consider ratings either. You did not do wrong by saving the business.. In the end, it is up to the client to decide what is best for them after they have all the facts..I certainly agree that customer service, prompt paying of claims, etc. are certainly things to be considered when choosing a company. However, in most situations it is an agent's subjective judgement that is the driving force not ethics or lack thereof. Just curious, you say you had sold the guy BL or Tansamerica. Is BL Banker's Life?

Baltimore life. I've never sold for Bankers Life.

I think now we can see eye to eye.

The only reason I look at financial status is because of my experience with forethought. When I was a one man shop I contracted with as much companies as I can and I would of been the first advocate against a person who had the same views as me now. After opening up my agency, I learned that selling insurance isn't the same as running a business. And the decisions I have to make can not only.be about making sales, but also about running a business that will be around for for a while that includes choosing my companies carefully.

Ok cb so what are your top 3 carriers.

I'm what way, preference? Production? Recommendation? And what product fe? Also face to face or telesales? Need to get more specific for me to answer that otherwise I'll say something and get ridiculed for having a different opinion...then someone will say I'm a liar when I defend myself and ask me to compare 1099's or production which I'd happily do on the condition we make an over/ under bet And if they lose they move all there contracts under me, now I'm out of breathe from that long run on sentence.

I'm what way, preference? Production? Recommendation? And what product fe? Also face to face or telesales? Need to get more specific for me to answer that otherwise I'll say something and get ridiculed for having a different opinion...then someone will say I'm a liar when I defend myself and ask me to compare 1099's or production which I'd happily do on the condition we make an over/ under bet And if they lose they move all there contracts under me, now I'm out of breathe from that long run on sentence.

Petey??? ?

Latest posts

Back