Which Company Is Better?

Hello Everyone,

I'm just starting out and I was approached by a Metlife Rep about a position. I'm already waiting to here back from NYL about their position but I'm being a little turned off by the long wait time.

I'm just wondering which company is better for a person just starting out and who wants obtain as much training as possible, like series 6 training?

I would appreciate any knowledge that you have about these companies. Thank you very much.

Nttwrkz1

Probably about equal, both have been around for a very long time and have good reputations. Both can offer you good training and a good career. Your gut instinct will be a factor here. If one is dragging its feet and the other is showing more interest, that could be a good indication of the type of environment you would be working in. If NYL is playing hard to get, it would be acceptable and in the same arena to go with Met.

NLY kills MET life in life and financial products.

Depends on what you wanna sell. If you want to sell life insurance, LTC, mutual funds, etc... Go with NYL.

"NLY kills MET life in life and financial products."

Very silly statement. Both companies have a solid portfolio of products. In many cases, Met is more competitive. And vice-versa.

Re...financial products...both companies use a wide range of options...and in many cases, these options are separate from the core products.

I guess you didn't know that.

I hate to admit it...but I was there 5 1/2 years. Multiple reasons...got sick one semester, major and minor, and just constantly dropping down to 12-14 hours so I could write my two-bit sports column.

And I just remembered...wasn't one of those guys from my hometown of Harrisburg? A "legend"...or maybe that was his Dad.

Back