Which Law Enforcing Entity Could Help Me Get Released from a Unlawful FMO Contract?

My FMO didn't disclosed in my contract that ONE of the carriers I have been selling for the most under his FMO was not under the same IMO contract he hired me for.
And after almost a year of being producing mostly for that ONE Medicare carrier that was only his, the IMO terminated me for lack of enough production. The FMO handled my re-hiring with the IMO but only giving me the option to do it if I agreed to reset my contract vesting period, in other words I would be loosing all my production renewals with the IMO and starting from zero again. The IMO production quota was $7500 a quarter and I produced over $46K within my first 3 quarters altogether between his FMO only and the IMO who he's a Regional Manager for. All along the last 11 months he never told me that I was jeopardizing my contract with the IMO by focusing on producing for his carrier only. Now, I am in the middle of AEP with no carrier to sell from and all my business sold to be paid in January/February is going to be lost if he doesn't release my contracts.
Please help!!!

Don't see anthing 'Unlawful". Doesn't matter what the IMO may have tld you or didn't tell you, it is your responsibility to know what the contact you signed says

Almost 100% sure this is a civil dispute. Looks like you're well out of small claims and need to talk to an attorney.

My FMO didn't disclosed in my contract that ONE of the carriers I have been selling for the most under his FMO was not under the same IMO contract he hired me for.
And after almost a year of being producing mostly for that ONE Medicare carrier that was only his, the IMO terminated me for lack of enough production. The FMO handled my re-hiring with the IMO but only giving me the option to do it if I agreed to reset my contract vesting period, in other words I would be loosing all my production renewals with the IMO and starting from zero again. The IMO production quota was $7500 a quarter and I produced over $46K within my first 3 quarters altogether between his FMO only and the IMO who he's a Regional Manager for. All along the last 11 months he never told me that I was jeopardizing my contract with the IMO by focusing on producing for his carrier only. Now, I am in the middle of AEP with no carrier to sell from and all my business sold to be paid in January/February is going to be lost if he doesn't release my contracts.
Please help!!!

Sounds like you weren't vested before. AND you have a shady middle-man that is screwing the agreement with the IMO and tossing you under the bus in the middle of it.

And your question is: How do I force my way back in to get some more of this?

If you want to waste more money on a lawyer, that is your option. Your better option is a fresh start with your eyes opened wide. The next IMO might screw you too. But at least he would be a new one doing it. Not the ones that you already know are going to do it.

the contract did not say this carrier was not in the IMO at all... the FMO added it into the list of the IMO carriers and just wrote "these carriers use another website to complete contract paper work and also includes other carriers that ARE under the the IMO and not the FMO only.

----------

Almost 100% sure this is a civil dispute. Looks like you're well out of small claims and need to talk to an attorney.

Do I need an attorney for this? Isn't there an entity that I can file a claim at myself ??

Last edited:
Do I need an attorney for this? Isn't there an entity that I can file a claim at myself ??

You'll want one. Usually you can talk to a bar referral service and either get a free short consult or for a nominal fee. Depending on the situation they might take it on a contingency, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.

In your brain and your gut you know you need to see a lawyer. That would be the "law enforcing entity."

So just do it.

Please help!!!

I am having an issue getting released also from an FMO. I signed on with a new FMO before AEP and I worked out getting exclusive leads and support direct from the carrier. (this is my own relationship I developed) The new FMO follows CMS commissions for MAPD, the old FMO pays less than half commission. The difference in lower commissions is substantial. 2 questions: 1. Where can I dispute getting the release. 2. If no release until after AEP - can I request to be agent of record under my new FMO to service my clients and get the renewals or would I have to rewrite new applications in the future.

Back