Which Life Companies Offer Renewal Commissions 2 Independents

WILDCAT-MATT

Expert
Which life insurance companies offer renewal commissions in their contracts with independent insurance agents? I have been calling a variety of carriers and have only found one that offers renewal commission (American General Life).

Frankly I'm not aware of many that don't offer renewal commissions.

Become a captured agent and you'll find out. Frankly most independent contracts pay anywhere from 60%-120% commissions first year. Can't you bank half of that for next year, rather than them?

Yes I was talking about term. But I have spoken with Hartford, John Hancock, Genworth, MetLife and a few others who say they dont provide renewal commissions to independent agents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
On the front end most of the companies I have been speaking with offer 80 to 90% commission the first year and then nothing after that. What I am wondering is if I can negotiate with these that are telling they dont offer renewal commissions in their independent contracts.

Last edited:
Can you guys please tell me the names of some of the companies that do offer renewal commissions? I have found two so far American General & Mass Mutual. Thanks

Back