Which State Should I Get Licensed In?

iuecon99

Expert
I currently live in Oregon but will probably be moving to Washington (just across the river). It seems that a lot of the phone jobs selling insurance are in the Portland area. I would be willing to commute from Washington.

I have applied to a few jobs but gotten no response. I am not yet licensed. Have a feeling I would get at least some interviews if I can put that I have a license on my resume.

Anyone live in this area and have a recommendation on which state I should pursue life/health license in? Thanks. :D

I currently live in Oregon but will probably be moving to Washington (just across the river). It seems that a lot of the phone jobs selling insurance are in the Portland area. I would be willing to commute from Washington. I have applied to a few jobs but gotten no response. I am not yet licensed. Have a feeling I would get at least some interviews if I can put that I have a license on my resume. Anyone live in this area and have a recommendation on which state I should pursue life/health license in? Thanks. :D

Washington is the #1 worst state for final expense life insurance. The politicians decided that seniors shouldn't be able to ever buy smaller policies than $25,000.

For phone sales I guess that wouldn't be a problem.

For phone sales it doesn't matter since you are going to apply for nonresident licenses anyways. Either state will work.

Washington is the #1 worst state for final expense life insurance. The politicians decided that seniors shouldn't be able to ever buy smaller policies than $25,000.

For phone sales I guess that wouldn't be a problem.

The Washington State rule usually applies only to FE and SIWL policies (usually with Table 4 ratings or higher built into the rates of the policy), with accumulated premiums exceed the face amounts, usually within 10 years. To Quote the WA-DOI "The death benefit must be greater than the sum of the premiums compounded at five percent interest."

Most Fully underwritten plans with small face amounts under $25k are excepted, but the choice of carriers is small.

For phone sales it doesn't matter since you are going to apply for nonresident licenses anyways. Either state will work.

Thanks. Any recommendations for how to get Fortegra or Velapoint to give me a chance? They usually ask for 3 years experience in their ads but I would imagine the turnover is high enough that you can avoid that requirement if you know the right things to say.

Pretty desperate to upgrade my income. Willing to face huge rejection and pound out phone calls, just need the opportunity.:swoon:

Show up with a resume if they are not returning your calls.

I have thought about that. I figure I can be licensed within a couple weeks and I'll go then. I'm a little concerned about irritating them by showing up but at this point I am desperate and have nothing to lose. :D

Back