Which states are best to get licensed in?

lukifer

Expert
Alabama
I am trying to branch out a little and get into other states so I am looking for some input.

I am currently licensed in AL and just got my TN license. I want to pick up one more state, but not sure which one would be the best. I'm not ready to take on nationwide licensing.

My goal is largely life insurance for now, but I want to build a P&C book as time goes on; therefore, I am looking for a state that has decent conversions in life and not a P&C nightmare.

Hesitant to consider FL as an option, but chewing on it. I would rather chew glass than consider NY as an option.

Thoughts?

My apologies. I work heavily in marketing. In this case, I mean states where people have the most success converting leads to clients. I didn't think about the mix up in industry jargon.

I am trying to branch out a little and get into other states so I am looking for some input.

I am currently licensed in AL and just got my TN license. I want to pick up one more state, but not sure which one would be the best. I'm not ready to take on nationwide licensing.

My goal is largely life insurance for now, but I want to build a P&C book as time goes on; therefore, I am looking for a state that has decent conversions in life and not a P&C nightmare.

Hesitant to consider FL as an option, but chewing on it. I would rather chew glass than consider NY as an option.

Thoughts?

I’m assuming you are planning on selling over the phone?

I would avoid states like FL and NY, take a closer look at states a little further south.

NC, SC, IN, IL, KY, KS ...

When I first got into this biz, I used to think there would be 1 magic state.

The reality is that there are “good” parts and “bad” parts in every state.

My apologies. I work heavily in marketing. In this case, I mean states where people have the most success converting leads to clients. I didn't think about the mix up in industry jargon.

In my opinion, that's not a "states" thing.

That's an offer, skills, and training thing. :)

I’m assuming you are planning on selling over the phone?

I would avoid states like FL and NY, take a closer look at states a little further south.

NC, SC, IN, IL, KY, KS ...

:D

With overnight temperatures in the 20's and my fingers turning blue, I had not thought of KS as part of the "sub tropical south".

Back