Which States Are Offering "0" ???

Gulfman

Guru
100+ Post Club
So my friend Alston in Conn, says that no one company if offering agent compensation in the entire state. Wow!----That's Conn. I feel very bad for him.

I also noticed that some carriers are avoiding "counties" within each state.
I noticed from Yagents (unless i'm mistaken) that he's only got 1 carrier in his area of Naples Sarasota area?

• What other states are offering "0?"
  • What counties within states are offering "0?"
  • What areas are agents only going to be able to offer 1 carrier?

In my area of S.fla., it looks like only 3 will offer compensation. And 2 of the three have crappy networks.

Would anyone else care to share on who's paying and who's not?

Thanks!

So my friend Alston in Conn, says that no one company is offering agent compensation in the entire state. Wow!----That's Conn. I feel very bad for him.

[correction] We are losing comp on exchange only. They are reducing comp off exchange.

That is nice of you to say. But don't feel sorry for me. I have over a thousand clients, a good calling, emailing and mailing list, and three decades of experience.

Only a couple hundred of my clients will generate commissions at the beginning of 2017 (not enough to live on), but I still have the relationships.

I will admit that I had a pity party, but I didn't invite any guests and kept it short.

I feel sorry for the agents who don't have the experience and the client base I have. I feel really sorry for the agents who are focused on what they are losing and not on what they still have.

Will you sell the best, even if it is zero %? does $$$ trump ethics?

That's not an ethical question. We don't work for free. It is the three leg stool argument. The product has to be good for the consumer, the agent and the company.

Will you sell the best, even if it is zero %? does $$$ trump ethics?

If I can't sell the best, I won't sell anything. So I'm not taking on any new health insurance clients.

I will continue to service and advise my existing book whether or not their policies generate commissions.

At the same time I am going to put a lot of effort into cross selling auto, homeowners and other lines of insurance.

I also have about 100 MA/gap clients and I'm going to push like never before during the upcoming AEP.

Here's is what is going to happen:

I will pick up 50 apps during this AEP. Do the rest of the work to transition to P&C during the month of December. (I already have the license.) Then I will sell about an app a day for 2017 and 2018. When I do that my income for 2019 will be about what it is today.

Easy peasy!:) And when I'm done I won't have to worry about future changes to the ACA.

[correction] We are losing comp on exchange only. They are reducing comp off exchange.

That is nice of you to say. But don't feel sorry for me. I have over a thousand clients, a good calling, emailing and mailing list, and three decades of experience.

Only a couple hundred of my clients will generate commissions at the beginning of 2017 (not enough to live on), but I still have the relationships.

I will admit that I had a pity party, but I didn't invite any guests and kept it short.

I feel sorry for the agents who don't have the experience and the client base I have. I feel really sorry for the agents who are focused on what they are losing and not on what they still have.

If I can't sell the best, I won't sell anything. So I'm not taking on any new health insurance clients.

I will continue to service and advise my existing book whether or not their policies generate commissions.

At the same time I am going to put a lot of effort into cross selling auto, homeowners and other lines of insurance.

I also have about 100 MA/gap clients and I'm going to push like never before during the upcoming AEP.

Here's is what is going to happen:

I will pick up 50 apps during this AEP. Do the rest of the work to transition to P&C during the month of December. (I already have the license.) Then I will sell about an app a day for 2017 and 2018. When I do that my income for 2019 will be about what it is today.

Easy peasy!:) And when I'm done I won't have to worry about future changes to the ACA.

Alston, a lot of agents would benefit by listening to your tone, your ethical standards, and your model of business.

If you treat your clients right, you make money in the long-run. Referrals, long-term relationships, cross selling, and future commissions all come into play.

If you make ethics and values a priority, others see it, even if you didn't say it. It just shows.

Quality lasts a lifetime. Yes, you can churn & burn. You can build a book on it (and lose the book). But good clients are clients for a long-term. Maybe during the bad times your compensation is less, or they might go another route for a while, but it all turns around soon.

I appreciate those values, Alston, and the honor that results from it. Thank-you.

Alston, a lot of agents would benefit by listening to your tone, your ethical standards, and your model of business.

If you treat your clients right, you make money in the long-run. Referrals, long-term relationships, cross selling, and future commissions all come into play.

If you make ethics and values a priority, others see it, even if you didn't say it. It just shows.

Quality lasts a lifetime. Yes, you can churn & burn. You can build a book on it (and lose the book). But good clients are clients for a long-term. Maybe during the bad times your compensation is less, or they might go another route for a while, but it all turns around soon.

I appreciate those values, Alston, and the honor that results from it. Thank-you.

I really feel that the combination of my work ethic, my experience and the trust I've built up with my clients will make this transition easier than many I've had in the past. I started this agency with less experience, less access to capital and I took only a handful of clients from my captive agent experience.

There will be many people will come to the US this year with little or no money and only a little knowledge of the language. Some will have what other people call handicaps. Many of them will far exceed my financial expectations for the next three years.

I mean this sincerely: I've got it easy.

Nevada is becoming a $0 state. But our insurance commissioner is not having any of it. I posted the letter from our DOI to the health carriers. It's going to get ugly before it gets better.

BCBSTN just sent this out within the last minute.

BlueCross Limiting ACA Participation and Ending Commissions for New Individual/Marketplace Medical Policies

As we shared earlier this summer, BlueCross has tried hard to make the Affordable Care Act (ACA) work for Tennesseans who need health coverage. But it has been challenging. We anticipate losses approaching $500 million since we began selling ACA plans - and we must protect the financial security our more than 3 million members rely on.

Beyond the cost gap, we continue to have concerns about uncertainties with the ACA at the federal level - including the possible elimination of cost-sharing programs for many consumers, the end of certain risk programs for insurers and the prospects of legislative action.

These concerns have led us to the difficult but necessary decision to limit our Individual/Marketplace offerings in 2017.

What's changing about BlueCross ACA plans for 2017

BlueCross will continue selling Individual/Marketplace plans in five of the eight ACA regions in Tennessee.

We will not offer ACA plans in the Memphis, Nashville or Knoxville regions.

We are simplifying our plan options and intend to offer four plan types - one bronze, two silver and one gold - all featuring Blue Network S, our most popular provider network.

BCBSTN just sent this out within the last minute.

BlueCross Limiting ACA Participation and Ending Commissions for New Individual/Marketplace Medical Policies

As we shared earlier this summer, BlueCross has tried hard to make the Affordable Care Act (ACA) work for Tennesseans who need health coverage. But it has been challenging. We anticipate losses approaching $500 million since we began selling ACA plans - and we must protect the financial security our more than 3 million members rely on.

Beyond the cost gap, we continue to have concerns about uncertainties with the ACA at the federal level - including the possible elimination of cost-sharing programs for many consumers, the end of certain risk programs for insurers and the prospects of legislative action.

These concerns have led us to the difficult but necessary decision to limit our Individual/Marketplace offerings in 2017.

What's changing about BlueCross ACA plans for 2017

BlueCross will continue selling Individual/Marketplace plans in five of the eight ACA regions in Tennessee.

We will not offer ACA plans in the Memphis, Nashville or Knoxville regions.

We are simplifying our plan options and intend to offer four plan types - one bronze, two silver and one gold - all featuring Blue Network S, our most popular provider network.

Beyond the first sentence, where does it mention commissions being 0% in the other counties? They are doing the same as BC AZ, only covering the rural single carrier counties. It's going to be a common BC theme as announcements come.

Back