Which Would You Write . . .

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
You are in a house discussing FE with the home owner. They want a $50 policy - 1st day coverage. But - then her Sister comes over and starts asking questions about Health Insurance. After a few questions - you determine that she would qualify as a first time applicant for a Medicare Advantage plan.

Would you write the True Up using a same day SOA and come back in 48 hours for the FE -or- write the FE and get a SOA from the sister and come back in 48 hours and write the MAPD?

You are in a house discussing FE with the home owner. They want a $50 policy - 1st day coverage. But - then her Sister comes over and starts asking questions about Health Insurance. After a few questions - you determine that she would qualify as a first time applicant for a Medicare Advantage plan.

Would you write the True Up using a same day SOA and come back in 48 hours for the FE -or- write the FE and get a SOA from the sister and come back in 48 hours and write the MAPD?

I'd write them both a FE policy and a dental plan.,..if they have any teeth.:laugh:

just put reason for same day appointment at bottom of scope as " double sister twister cross sell commish " and write them both!

seriously though I would write the FE first and the MA 48 hours later because a hot FE prospect is more likely to cool down than a hot MA propsect

Don't get the apples and oranges in the same bushell. Sell the FE, get the SOA signed and comeback with choices....MAPD and Med Supp. Make sure she/they understand the differences along with the short/long term implications of their choice.

Don't sell them anything, but instead help them choose what is right for her/their budget, temperament, and foreseeable health situation. I find that most agents I've known get blinded by that True Up commission and neglect to explain all choices.

I know some on this forum will say no to MA plans, and that's fine. As long as you present their options, pros and cons and know they are sound of mind, seem to be of reasonable intelligence, it is their decision. That's what I'd do (with a slight bias towards a Med Supp)...and whatever their choice, I will sleep very well at night, with or without Ambient!:1wink:

just put reason for same day appointment at bottom of scope as " double sister twister cross sell commish " and write them both!

seriously though I would write the FE first and the MA 48 hours later because a hot FE prospect is more likely to cool down than a hot MA propsect

Could you repeat that one more time.:laugh:

I'd write them both a FE policy and a dental plan.,..if they have any teeth.:laugh:

Bahahahahaha . . . What are the decent Dental plans for Seniors?

Thanks . . . FE pays quicker too!

Don't get the apples and oranges in the same bushell. Sell the FE, get the SOA signed and comeback with choices....MAPD and Med Supp. Make sure she/they understand the differences along with the short/long term implications of their choice.

Don't sell them anything, but instead help them choose what is right for her/their budget, temperament, and foreseeable health situation. I find that most agents I've known get blinded by that True Up commission and neglect to explain all choices.

I know some on this forum will say no to MA plans, and that's fine. As long as you present their options, pros and cons and know they are sound of mind, seem to be of reasonable intelligence, it is their decision. That's what I'd do (with a slight bias towards a Med Supp)...and whatever their choice, I will sleep very well at night, with or without Ambient!:1wink:

Very nice advice . . . Bold above is something ole Somarco would say too.

Back