White House Won't Reveal Documents Related to ObamaCare Website Security

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
FILE - This March 1, 2014 file photo shows part of the website for HealthCare.gov in Washington. The Obama administration has concluded it will not publicly disclose federal records that could shed light on the security of the ObamaCare website because doing so could 'potentially' allow hackers to break in. (AP Photo/Jon Elswick)

White House won't reveal documents related to ObamaCare website security | Fox News

----------

The part that I found interesting:

"In addition to citing potential health-privacy violations, the government cited exemptions intended to protect personal privacy and law-enforcement records, although the agency did not explain what files about the health care website had been compiled for law-enforcement purposes. Some open-government advocates were skeptical."

Last I knew the only health related question was do you smoke...even that data isn't available after a plan has been chosen.:skeptical:

While not a supporter of big govt and am a supporter of transparency, I agree with them on this one. A better answer for them would be to provide the TYPES of security levels. Dont have to tell HOW they are employed which then addresses a good bit of the concerns.

While the CMS/HHS datahubs may not have health info, the other info (SSN, etc.) would be a bad thing to let out. Additionally, if hackers got into HHS/CMS and since they both have connectivity to insurers it is possible hackers could leverage that as well into their systems.

goodluck.gov is so full of holes it really doesn't make any difference what they release or not. Hackers can pretty much have their run of the place if they wanted.

Oh, and did I mention the site STILL isn't working?

Back