Whiteboard Animation Software

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Any comments or suggestions on whiteboard software? In the past I have used carrier whiteboard video's on my site but never cared for the branding built into the video.

I previewed VideoScribe as a possiblity, but want to consider others before making a decision to buy, subscribe (monthly fee) or abandon this idea completely.

My wife uses VideoScribe for her work and did research for the best thing to use before she subscribed to that one. The videos look good, but they are templates as I am sure you know.

Thanks for your input.

A lot of web design software is configured to make them user friendly and consists of templates. I am not a graphic artist nor do I play one on TV. Just now taking a serious look at whiteboard software and trying to decide if I want to invest the time and money for a DIY project or just hire a pro who knows what they are doing and let them do it for me.

I second Fiverr.

If you want to do it yourself and its for a website, try "Slider Revolution".

There are also people on Fiverr that specialize in Slider Revolution. So you can buy the software/plugin for your site, and they can do the work for you. It is a widely used piece of software. Not only does it have a whiteboard function, but it has really nice functions for animated presentations or sliders.

Thanks for the feedback. Not familiar with slider revolution but will check it out.

I have a lady on 5r that has done still graphics for me. Good work. She does video's too and wants to try her hand at whiteboard. Going to pursue that for now.

Tyler, looking to use videos on FB (header and timeline) as well as my sites. Don't know if you do anything on FB or not but my guess is slider won't work on FB

Thanks for the feedback. Not familiar with slider revolution but will check it out.

I have a lady on 5r that has done still graphics for me. Good work. She does video's too and wants to try her hand at whiteboard. Going to pursue that for now.

Tyler, looking to use videos on FB (header and timeline) as well as my sites. Don't know if you do anything on FB or not but my guess is slider won't work on FB

I dont market on FB at the moment other than posting links to articles on my websites.

If I remember correctly there are 2 versions of SR, a WP PlugIn and an HTML 5 version. I use the WP version and it uses shortcodes. So I doubt it could be used on FB posts in any way.

The HTML5 version might be usable in some way, but I dont know for sure. Maybe you could paste the html code in the post. But it sounds like you need a standalone solution that puts it into video format.

But for $20, SR makes a really nice addition to a website. It has a "typewriter" function in addition to the whiteboard feature. Plus all the other features for animated slides/presentations/etc. with lots of templates for them all.

Thanks for the additional info, Tyler. Doubt it will work on FB but links from posts to a web page would work. Not sure what kind of preview will show up in the post until I make a web post and see.

Whiteboard animation is a video style that shows the viewer static images being drawn on the screen. Typically the illustrations are accompanied by a narration that walks the audience through the story that is being told within the drawing.

Last edited:
I have someone coming in two weeks to show me a "newer" and "more modern" version of a whiteboard. My practice manager found this and it includes complete and total control over the screen via touch and/or computer, but also has voice recognition where you can speak words and they will appear as text on the board. I also liked that you could write on the board and then have your writing turned into text. I don't remember the name of the company, but I'll check. Thanks.

Back