Who Are the Top FMO/IMO'S for Retirement Planning?

infoseeker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a huge Senior clientele that i accumulated through selling Medicare Supplements. I would like to start presenting to them a whole retirement package: LTC, Annuities, Life Insurance etc.

i need a well rounded FMO/IMO for training, tools and support. This would include a FMO that has tools such as income planning software. That has extensive knowledge in Retirement Planning and Not just narrowly pushing certain products so when i present a case after factfinding they know how to assist me in the most approapiate products and strategies, so they just dont suggest throwing them into an annuity.

Get a book and train yourself. The ONLY REASON I'm using any IMO's is because some carriers don't give out direct contracts. The majority of them are incompetent, unprofessional and don't know what they're talking about. I would get things done twice as fast if I dealt directly with the underwriter - good for nothing business-hindering leeches of the world. JMHO

I agree with what most of Franz said. I think there are plenty of other groups I would critique as good for nothing business-hindering leeches more than IMOs/FMOs, such as congress, but I digress.

IF you want a significant amount of training and handholding then you're going to want to work with more of a GA than an IMO with "top contracts" and expect to give up some of your commissions for training. Also, as Franz said, you might be much better suited to seek out your own education vs working with an upline and relying on them for that. IMOs/FMOs are typically good for one thing, contracts. That's it. If you're trying to get anything else out of the relationship you really should be working with a GA.

Get a book and train yourself. The ONLY REASON I'm using any IMO's is because some carriers don't give out direct contracts. The majority of them are incompetent, unprofessional and don't know what they're talking about. I would get things done twice as fast if I dealt directly with the underwriter - good for nothing business-hindering leeches of the world. JMHO
which book would you recommend??

Well said!

The majority of them get an override for nothing. IMO.

Last edited:
Huh....I never knew that we were such reviled creatures. Guess I'll continue to try and change that opinion one advisor at a time.

Start off with some webce.com classes. 24 hours for $44 is their special right now. Goes toward continuing education classes for licensing.
Im taking the estate planning, retirement strategies, ira, and trust modules right now. Alot to learn and its a good start to build the foundation.

Latest posts

Back