Who Are Your Go to Carriers?

Lafayette is struggling. I don't see how it can't hurt their products going forward.

They never should have moved to Cincinnati.

Why do you think that Lafayette is struggling?

----------

That might have something to do with their huge comp compared to some of the more traditional carriers.......

Tahoe you don't think that the more traditional carriers(mass, Guardian, NYL) pay about the same? The comp is just more spread out between the GA, agent, assistant GA, manager, etc. instead of the agent getting most of it.

----------

Tahoe you don't think that the more traditional carriers(mass, Guardian, NYL) pay about the same? The comp is just more spread out between the GA, agent, assistant GA, manager, etc. instead of the agent getting most of it.

The carriers that you mentioned (and I'll throw in Penn Mutual) are all NY admitted carriers and from what I've seen, have less total comp than Lafayette. I'm talking brokerage here...not captive.

I could be wrong, but this is my experience.

You might want to check out Lafayette Life and/or Ohio National for limited pay whole life policies such as 10-, 20-, or age 65 payment periods.

Lafayette life offers indexed policies in addition to traditional policies. You'll find their product line similar to ANICO, but a little more expanded in their life insurance portfolio. You can contract with Lafayette Life through an IMO.

Ohio National is a forum sponsor, so you could just click the banner ad at the top of the life insurance forum to contract with them directly.

Lafayette only offers indexed annuities, they do not offer indexed life. If you want indexed life their sister company Columbus Life has one. Also you do not need to go thru an IMO, both companies will contract you directly.

Someone mentioned Sagicor earlier. I admit that I've only had limited experience with them but I've found their underwriting to be extremely tough and have never had a policy go through with them.

When I try to find out what the problem is with a application, I'm given the run about. Needless to say I dropped them after a bit.

I've always found Pru and Banner to be could companies.

Lafayette only offers indexed annuities, they do not offer indexed life. If you want indexed life their sister company Columbus Life has one. Also you do not need to go thru an IMO, both companies will contract you directly.

Definitely compare commission levels both ways first though.

Same with Ohio National. Check with a regional GA vs. a GA that is way out of their local region. Huge differences.

Definitely compare commission levels both ways first though.

Same with Ohio National. Check with a regional GA vs. a GA that is way out of their local region. Huge differences.

I am contracted in a career agency state with Ohio National and cannot order supplies, which in all my years in business is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered. I would do a lot more business which Ohio National if I can get the supplies I need and have policies mailed directly to my office.
Do you encounter the same thing?

I am contracted in a career agency state with Ohio National and cannot order supplies, which in all my years in business is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered. I would do a lot more business which Ohio National if I can get the supplies I need and have policies mailed directly to my office. Do you encounter the same thing?

That's what I mean. If you are in their region you get a real bad deal with them. But I know another agent in my state that contracted with a GA out of state and got a decent (not great) deal. Those type of companies still operate on the old school models that seem very antiquated.

Go to carriers all depend on the product.

For Term & GUL I mostly use LFG & MNL/NA. Protective, AG, Met, Pru are all good term carriers as well.

For IUL I use MNL/NA & LFG. MNL/NA has the best IUL hands down imo. UW isnt as loose as LFG though.

For participating WL it is MM, Guardian, & Penn all the way. ON is a strong choice too.

For IAs I like AE, AG, NWL, GA
For FAs MNL/NA, Guggenheim, F&G, Deleware

Lafayette WL does not compete well with MM/Guardian/Penn last I saw a comparison.

Back