Who Buys Leads?

G

I'm curious as to who actually pays for leads (netquote, insureme, hometown, ect)? If you do, I would like to know why. Is it price, closing ratio, ease of sale, can't prospect? please share.

I'm curious as to who actually pays for leads (netquote, insureme, hometown, ect)? If you do, I would like to know why. Is it price, closing ratio, ease of sale, can't prospect? please share.
I do. I think the biggest problem life agents have is a lack of people to talk to. Leads give me more people to talk to. I would add ease of sale too.

The reason I ask is because I think they are a waste of money. I'm assuming you used to be able to run an agency off leads but now I'd be surprised if anyone is making any real money off of them (besides the lead companies).

I can see how prospecting can be difficult but common at $5-$15 / lead and 10% closing as the average I don't see how anyone can justify this as a source of income. I know I couldn't.

My point is why don't people invest their time and money on things that will generate them leads instead of continuously paying for them.

I know agents making $10-30k mo plus off purchased internet leads, they def do still work, but then the agent also has to work

I know agents making $10-30k mo plus off purchased internet leads, they def do still work, but then the agent also has to work

Hi You Got,

Those ppl must be selling group health plans or life policies. Me thinks it pretty tough out there to sell INDY plans off internet leads (but i could be wrong).

~T

The reason I ask is because I think they are a waste of money. I'm assuming you used to be able to run an agency off leads but now I'd be surprised if anyone is making any real money off of them (besides the lead companies).

I can see how prospecting can be difficult but common at $5-$15 / lead and 10% closing as the average I don't see how anyone can justify this as a source of income. I know I couldn't.

My point is why don't people invest their time and money on things that will generate them leads instead of continuously paying for them.

There are many agents and agencies that make a fortune selling insurance by paying even more than $5-$15/lead. A direct mail drop with a 1% response rate makes each lead card $35-$50/lead. That said, they're selling life insurance and there is a great deal more money in that than personal lines, but they're still insurance agents buying leads and doing quite well with it. That's ignoring the folks that are doing well off other leads too.

One of the biggest reasons agents fail (maybe the biggest reason of all) is just not being able to get in front of enough people. Paying for leads can solve that problem.

Hi You Got,

Those ppl must be selling group health plans or life policies. Me thinks it pretty tough out there to sell INDY plans off internet leads (but i could be wrong).

~T

No they are selling indy health , but they buy them with filters

Its not that I doubt that they cant be profitable but there are just way better ways to market. I mean for the price of a couple months worth of leads you could open a website and generate your own. I mean you can easily spend thousands on leads a month. Why not just take the money and invest in something that will generate leads for you.

Back