Who Can Use a Free Second Line?

Apr 25, 2016

1. Jerard

Jerard Guru

State:
    Florida
    For the last couple of months I've been testing a app on my Android that let's you pick another line/number (in any area code) to use. It does use your existing plan minutes so this is best used with unlimited plans, which most of us have nowadays, anyway. The quality is good since it uses your existing phone service and doesn't hog much of your data. I'm pretty sure there's an iPhone app, as well.

The free version has rather large ad when you load up the app but for 2.99/month you can do away with that and have other features, too. If you stay with the free version then you have to make/receive a call at least once a month in order to keep your same phone number. Look for "Sideline" on Google Play or in the App Store.

Of course, you can still use Google Voice if you have that set up already. On my phone I now have 3 lines. Not that I need all these lines...I just think it's kinda cool. :cool: It's also a great way to harass people at 3am.

Jerard, Apr 25, 2016
  2. drgnmeme

drgnmeme New Member

Cool, thanks for sharing. Check out this Slingshot VoIP in Play Store.

drgnmeme, Jun 25, 2016
  3. fedvp

fedvp Expert

State:
    California
    Thanks for sharing this helpful post!!

fedvp, Dec 29, 2017
  4. TampaHound

TampaHound Guru

State:
    Florida
    I'm originally from PA so I just kept my old 724 # on my phone. When I decided to go independent I switched to sideline so I would have a "Local" #. I have to second the OP. It's a good service.

The only problem that I have with it, is that sometimes I'll get an error message saying I have to call using the sideline app on certain #'s...when I'm using the sideline application. This happens about once ever 1000 or so phone calls however.

5. anomie

anomie New Member

State:
    Nevada
    I have used sideline for a few years. Even though it is a little quirky at times, I still love it!
    One of the neat features I recently discovered, is the ability to send and receive text from your sideline number in a web browser. To do this, login to your account at www.sideline.com. and text away. 0_o

anomie, Mar 16, 2018
  6. sshafran

sshafran Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    That's cool - I use sideline as well - did not know I could text from the browser...

sshafran, Mar 19, 2018
  7. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome back stranger. :yes:

8. Jalery

Jalery New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Nice ,Your sharing is very helpful.

Jalery, Mar 29, 2018