Who Can Use a Free Second Line?

Jerard

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pork County
For the last couple of months I've been testing a app on my Android that let's you pick another line/number (in any area code) to use. It does use your existing plan minutes so this is best used with unlimited plans, which most of us have nowadays, anyway. The quality is good since it uses your existing phone service and doesn't hog much of your data. I'm pretty sure there's an iPhone app, as well.

The free version has rather large ad when you load up the app but for 2.99/month you can do away with that and have other features, too. If you stay with the free version then you have to make/receive a call at least once a month in order to keep your same phone number. Look for "Sideline" on Google Play or in the App Store.

Of course, you can still use Google Voice if you have that set up already. On my phone I now have 3 lines. Not that I need all these lines...I just think it's kinda cool. :cool: It's also a great way to harass people at 3am.

I'm originally from PA so I just kept my old 724 # on my phone. When I decided to go independent I switched to sideline so I would have a "Local" #. I have to second the OP. It's a good service.

The only problem that I have with it, is that sometimes I'll get an error message saying I have to call using the sideline app on certain #'s...when I'm using the sideline application. This happens about once ever 1000 or so phone calls however.

I have used sideline for a few years. Even though it is a little quirky at times, I still love it!
One of the neat features I recently discovered, is the ability to send and receive text from your sideline number in a web browser. To do this, login to your account at www.sideline.com. and text away. 0_o

I have used sideline for a few years. Even though it is a little quirky at times, I still love it!
One of the neat features I recently discovered, is the ability to send and receive text from your sideline number in a web browser. To do this, login to your account at www.sideline.com. and text away. 0_o

That's cool - I use sideline as well - did not know I could text from the browser...

For the last couple of months I've been testing a app on my Android that let's you pick another line/number (in any area code) to use. It does use your existing plan minutes so this is best used with unlimited plans, which most of us have nowadays, anyway. The quality is good since it uses your existing phone service and doesn't hog much of your data. I'm pretty sure there's an iPhone app, as well.

The free version has rather large ad when you load up the app but for 2.99/month you can do away with that and have other features, too. If you stay with the free version then you have to make/receive a call at least once a month in order to keep your same phone number. Look for "Sideline" on Google Play or in the App Store.

Of course, you can still use Google Voice if you have that set up already. On my phone I now have 3 lines. Not that I need all these lines...I just think it's kinda cool. :cool: It's also a great way to harass people at 3am.
Welcome back stranger. :yes:

Back