Who else Thinks Direct Mail is Become Outdated?

Yup, Direct Mail is outdated. I think all of you should stop doing direct mail. Thank you.

Here is my $.02. If you do not agree, you can keep the $.02 just for reading...

No. Even with a 1% return rate, you can turn a profit with DM.

I even did some door to door marketing for insurance a couple of years back, and that style of marketing was supposed to have gone out ages ago.

Heck, I would send out telegrams if it got results.

Yup, Direct Mail is outdated. I think all of you should stop doing direct mail. Thank you.

I have to agree with you. For those of you in South Louisiana direct marketing is not working so please for your own good I would recommend that you stop and keep your money in your pocket...because these people aren't buying.:nah:

I think direct mail is still effective until today. Traditional marketing materials just need to have a boost to adapt to what the society's been up to -- the internet.

Daytona guy, if you have the balls to use the glazer-kennedy type marketing you'll be shocked at the results. You'll know by now if you do

I am sure direct marketing works well for some. I think the biggest obstacle for agents considering any new marketing approach, including direct marketing, is risk. Will I get a return or will this make me money? Am I using this approach correctly? This isn't limited to direct mail, but also includes buying ads in papers, magazines and internet ads based on cost per impressions or ad run time. I think that is partly why people are do fond of google ads and leads. You at least know what kind of traction you are getting and get some sense of connection between the sales results and marketing expenditures. Although, I would suspect, if an agent can get over their fear of the unknown and maximize direct mail this might prove more cost effective than some of the other "pay for performance" marketing techniques.

Several companies are having success with DM...call Allyn Kramer down at Kramer Direct. They are one of the best we've used for tapping the senior market...2-3% returns on some of their pieces which have started a lot of conversations for me.

Just had my best mailer, by responses this month. At 3.5% so far for T65's. That is very good and I am setting a lot of them.

But....yeah please stop mailing people

From what I've learned in school, direct marketing is supposedly not dead. But in my opinion, it is.
Noone likes to be bothered with emails they are not expecting/want. They immediately consider these emails as spam and may even have a negative regard for the brand/company/person if the emails keep coming in.

Emails are an entirely different game from direct mail or other direct marketing techniques.

Back