Who Has the Best American General Life Contracts?

sman

Guru
5000 Post Club
I'm looking to shift my American General production to another FMO. Who here has the best contract? Can you list the commissions for the different term products (i.e. - 30-yr, 20-yr, 15-yr, 10-yr)?

Thanks!

Probably whoever has the biggest volume and has the documentation to prove it.

Do you have production history? Other agents?

Best thing you could do is talk to some folks like integrated benefits, senior market sales, and maybe even the folks at ILIAA.

I'm curious, why do you write American General? Prior to their problems becoming public I had about 300 policies with them but can't seem to find the incentive to write with them versus other companies with similar rates but much less press and challenges.

I write whoever is cheapest and has at least an A rating (of course, ratings don't mean too much these days). I stopped long ago trying to "convince" people why they should choose one carrier over another. I recently had a case where West Coast Life was going to be best based on his height, weight and disclosed health issues. Since he had never heard of West Coast Life, he didn't want to do it. Two months later he called me and asked if we could do something. He had applied with USAA and received a Table D rate up with a premium of $248.83 (it was rated). So after reviewing what the rate would be with other carriers if we assumed the same rating, American General came back at $197.66 (the next cheapest carrier was SBLI at $216.63). He didn't question American General for one second.

Now I'm curious, why do you care if I write American General?

Blue - I write AGL all day long if they are just looking for the cheapest term coverage. I rarely get push backs and they are very competitive right now.
sman - My contract is 115% 20/30 yr term. 15 is 105% and 10 is 85%. I'm not a FMO, but will refer you if interested. Just PM me.

Hey dude, just wondering what your reasoning was, but really I don't really care who you write. I don't care if they are a few dollars cheaper, I can find other carriers without their baggage. Just my opinion, rock on with your reasons.

How many people do you think REALLY know that American General is owned by AIG?

Hey dude, just wondering what your reasoning was, but really I don't really care who you write. I don't care if they are a few dollars cheaper, I can find other carriers without their baggage. Just my opinion, rock on with your reasons.

Back