Who Has the Biggest.............APTC

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
Contest time. Who has the biggest...........................aptc?

Today, on ONLY two clients in AZ, I handed out $55,000:

Client #1 - family of 3 (61/61/22) making $32,000
APTC = $2500/mo or $30,000 per year. (who can beat this number?)
Final price = $133 for rich 87% CSR
Last year, same income = aptc of $10,500 and final price of $475/mo

Client #2 - 64 and 64, making $38k, subsidy $2379/mo or $25,000. Final price $251. Last year $500/mo aptc, and final cost $800/mo.

Might as well just give tax credits away that match your income.
China is pissed. I'm disgusted.

I can't imagine anything beats AZ. Which ever state has the highest cost plans will have the highest subsidies. So the person who buys the second lowest cost silver plan through the federal marketplace will pay the same amount no matter where they live. We are pretty close to a single payer idea.

Last edited:
That is crazy. At this rate, we are going to hit that subsidy cap based on GDP a lot sooner than they think we will.

Speaking of subsidies, maybe I am missing something but...

Why will the subsidy amount vary widely by zip code in the same state? I had a lady yesterday in Dawson Country GA get a $400 subsidy with her info, but if she used her son's address 10 miles away in Forsyth County GA, she only got a $200 subsidy....all data inputs the same, except of course zip code.

I have seen situations where the person has a home in Florida and a home in Georgia, and once again...same thing....Massive subsidies in her FL address, and maybe 1/3 of that in her GA address.

What is the formula/logic? Why do some people get lucky, and others don't? Flaw or design?:goofy:

The subsidies are built so the second lowest cost silver level plans final subsidized cost is the same in all federal marketplace states.

Last edited:
Why will the subsidy amount vary widely by zip code in the same state? I had a lady yesterday in Dawson Country GA get a $400 subsidy with her info, but if she used her son's address 10 miles away in Forsyth County GA, she only got a $200 subsidy....all data inputs the same, except of course zip code.

The subsidy attempts to make the net rate for clients in both zip codes equal. So if the second least expensive silver plan costs more in one zip verse the other, the subsidy has to rise to bring the net cost down to the same level.

The net price, at least for that plan, should be the same in both zips. The rate for the bronze and other silver plans will be different.

The subsidy attempts to make the net rate for clients in both zip codes equal. So if the second least expensive silver plan costs more in one zip verse the other, the subsidy has to rise to bring the net cost down to the same level.

The net price, at least for that plan, should be the same in both zips. The rate for the bronze and other silver plans will be different.

Thanks...exact same plan....vastly different subsidies. Would have to look to see if that county has a lower cost plan available that was not available in the other county.

Great system!!!! :yes:

Back