Who Insures Barbed Wire Field Fence?

wordjones

Can anyone out there help me find a carrier who will insure farmers field fences. It is very expensive to build $2-$4 per foot-which adds up quickly. I can see not wanting to insure 30 year old fence, but new?

Any help would be appreciated.

Can anyone out there help me find a carrier who will insure farmers field fences. It is very expensive to build $2-$4 per foot-which adds up quickly. I can see not wanting to insure 30 year old fence, but new?

Any help would be appreciated.

My reaction is who want insurance except for some city slicker. Unless a tornado ran a straight line down a fence or in a hurricane zone I can't see there being a big loss. Most of the time a repair on a barbed wire fence is only a few feet at a time and it is not that hard to do. I can't see barbed wire costing $4.00 a foot. The price I am seeing are about $2.00 a linear foot.

No offense, but to me that seems like a very poor idea and a big waste of money. My best friends family farm has probably 30 miles of fence on it, almost all barbed wire. I've built a ton of barb wire fence in my life...and repaired it many many times. There is no way I'd pay to insure it. I can't imagine hardly anyone interested in doing that unless there was an actual serious risk, and it was pretty darn cheap.

Back