Who is reading your mail?

if you "bust" him, he's just going to get pissed about it and hang up on you

Do you think I want liars for clients?

If someone is going to tell me they read my quote, when they didn't, do you think they might lie on the app too?

This is a screening tool more than anything. Let's me know who is serious, who isn't.

The other issue is being able to call someone immediately after they open the mail, or even while they are reading it.

Those two are worth the price of admission, more so than busting someone for lying.

The other issue is being able to call someone immediately after they open the mail, or even while they are reading it.

There is definitely value in knowing when someone is reading your email and making a call to the prospect while they are reading it. Strike while the iron is hot.

Al

How much is it?

You can go to the site and mouse over "about Read Notify" then look for pricing or I can just tell you it is $24 or $36 for 1 year or 2000 emails.

Nope, different.

OE requires the reader to click on a response message. Read Notify is automatic and undetected by the reader.

How is this accomplished?

If I may add to dsj's excellent entry, another way that used to work and may still if your spyware/virus SW doesn't catch it. Create an HTML email that includes a picture, but have that picture reside on your server. Then, when you open the mail the picture is retrieved from the server and you can use your server logs to see that.

As dsj pointed out, because this feature has been so misused by spammers, marketers, etc., most email clients now don't display those images unless explicitly asked to by the person reading the email. If those pictures aren't displayed, the server isn't notified, and there's no way to tell that the email was opened. You may notice this on your email client as "this may be junk mail, do you want to delete from your server?"

Lastly, there's simply no way to tell if an email has been delivered or opened. However, let's say for the moment you could tell that it was opened. You do not know that the person on the other end actually read it. How could you?

Do you think I want liars for clients?

If someone is going to tell me they read my quote, when they didn't, do you think they might lie on the app too?

This is a screening tool more than anything. Let's me know who is serious, who isn't.

Those two are worth the price of admission, more so than busting someone for lying.

I agree will all of the above. I have used it for two months now. Well worth the money. The ability to strike when the iron is hot is priceless.

The ability to strike when the iron is hot is priceless.

Like everything else, it is a tool.

When I receive notification, call, and get my prospect on the phone my chances of turning them into a client increase exponentially. This is especially so if they did not open my proposal for several days after it was sent out.

OTOH, if they do not answer their phone I know I am probably wasting my time with follow up calls.

Back