Who Is the Best IMO, FMO to Contract With?

moretrax

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I see that hotly debated in this forum. Does it really matter? Or is that the wrong question?

A better question would be what carriers do they offer? Can they offer you a contract with the best FE, LTC and Med Supp carriers in the industry? What about commission rates? What level of training and support do they offer? Do they offer FREE or cheap leads? Those are worth exactly what it sounds like..nothing! It adds no value to the IMO.

Speaking of leads, why bother with a t65 lists for med supps? As Mark Cuban says, "If 10,000 people are doing something, why do you want to be # 10,001?"

65 isn't the best age target for med supps. Many people are still working at that age and are already covered at work. Target 67-68 yo. They may just coming into that market or, they've had a plan for a couple of years and may be looking again.

Get a dnc scrubbed phone list. When calling these people, identify who you are and why you're calling. Ask if they're happy with the plan they have. Has the premium recently increased? Don't ask too many questions and don't make it sound like a sales call. Offer to send them information on something other than insurance. Become a friend. :)

Using mailers for FE? If you're shopping for mailers and mailer services and buying into response rates, reconsider. You're using the wrong metric when trying to get a certain response rate. Don't emphasize quantity over quality.

Do you use an age range of 55-80? Just because the carrier can write that business doesn't mean you should target it. At 55, they might be better off with an term with LB. Above 72, you may have underwriting issues or unaffordable premiums. Set you range at 62-72 yo.

Free information about how to get the most from social security is worthless to this demographic. A majority have already made their mind up about when they will take benefits, so why argue with them? It's not THE issue with them, planning and paying for a funeral is.

Spend some time in the local paper obits or funeral home websites. List the surviving family members and use google search or white pages to get an address. Send a letter (I don't call these people) not a condolences letter or a sales letter. Provide resources (add value) that helps them plan their "kick the bucket list". There's a great service out there, fairly new to the market, that is the most comprehensive planning resource I've ever seen. And it's free!

My goal is to ascertain a minimum of 50 qualified, interested prospects per month to hear what I have to say. It's about finding the right people, not the most. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Scanning the obits and mailing the survivors is brilliant. I'm sure when they receive your letter, they will take it as divine intervention and jump at the opportunity to see your "free" comprehensive planning resource.

If a fellow shares with you that you are not communicating your thoughts coherently, you should consider it to be very meaningful.

Isn't communication two-way? Perhaps the other "fellow" needed more information. :1rolleyes:

And perhaps you would like further clarification? :biggrin:

----------

Scanning the obits and mailing the survivors is brilliant. I'm sure when they receive your letter, they will take it as divine intervention and jump at the opportunity to see your "free" comprehensive planning resource.

Some do and some don't.

Why not stand outside the church and hand out your "kick the bucket list" as people leave?

Not sure why your posts are sarcastic. I don't know you and you don't know me. I've used each of the strategies mentioned in the original post and have generated prospects AND new business with each. :twitchy:

Back