Who polices insurance advertising?

loginname

Expert
I know my BD reviews and approves all securities related ads. Who is responsible for monitoring/approving traditional insurance advertisements? If I ran an ad in the local paper offering life insurance reviews, would someone (state insurance commissioner office?) have to approve it?

I've never run an ad regarding insurance products so give me a hand.

I know my BD reviews and approves all securities related ads. Who is responsible for monitoring/approving traditional insurance advertisements? If I ran an ad in the local paper offering life insurance reviews, would someone (state insurance commissioner office?) have to approve it?

What state are you in and have you checked your local DOI?

Bitter agents. They're the ones who regulate ads. No one else really cares what you put in an ad but some broke agent will narc you out in two seconds flat if they see something they think isn't complaint.

Back