Who Targets Active Military/Families-What Products

deleatme

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone actively market to the active military personnel and their families market. If so, would you mind telling what products you offer and how you generate youir leads?

Thanks In Advance For Your Answers.

John

Might want to tip-toe thru this market. There have been a lot of abuses here, with agents pushing overpriced life insurance products. Some carriers are no longer welcome on base. Also, there is a lot of bad press in military newsletters about high pressure sales and ripoff products.

Thee are two companies that dominate this market. First Command and I forget the other (Letters are abbrevated). They emphasize life insurance and typically only do business with E-5 and above. Both are well thought of on the bases and control the market. The bases do not allow anyone to market on base anymore, and the abuses were selling lower ranking enlisted policies and programs they let lapse, That happens in a high pct in the civilian world too. There were also some overpriced products being sold, but there still are on both sides of the fence.

Is the other GPM? (Government Personnel Mutual).

If so, they also target govt (mostly federal) employees.

I was with USAA when I was active and still am with them. They and navy Mutual are big ones. No war clauses and such plus really great rates. They really take care of the military and provide a very wide range of servicess for them.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I had heard there had been problems in the past with less than honest agents, but it sounds like it's being cleaned up.

jaugusta - I went to USAA's website and it seem they are only looking for an inbound TX call-canter Life agent. Do they not have field agents for L & H?

Thanks

Is the other GPM? (Government Personnel Mutual).

If so, they also target govt (mostly federal) employees.

My dad wrote insurance for them back in the 60's and 70's. That's who I was thinking of as the other company too.

My dad wrote insurance for them back in the 60's and 70's. That's who I was thinking of as the other company too.

Oh sure, make me feel old . . .

USAA is a direct writer, like Geico. No outside agents.

Back