Who to Use for Series 65 Course?

Motsyball

I've been an agent for over 20 years. Occasionally I roll over someones small retirement account into an indexed annuity however any of the big money I always refer to my partner who is a CFP. I am looking to get my series 65 since I am only a licensed life agent and he can not pay me on any money he manages from my referrals but to also to cover me over the new DOL rule when writing any fixed annuities. Yes I understand that the new DOL rule might be over turned but we all know this is the direction our industry is going so why not go ahead and get my series 65 to cover me? It will increase my income since there is almost 10 million dollars of money my partner is managing for my clients that I could be receiving an income from.

There are a lot of companies out there that offer series 65 courses so which ones do you highly recommend? I am not as much concerned about the cost as I am on how well they prepare me for the series 65 exam. Does anyone know which company/course has the best pass rate on the exam? Right now I am looking at; Pass Perfect, Securities Training Corp, Solomon Exam, Training Consultants, A. D. Banker, Kaplan & Exam FX (which merged with TesTeachers). I live in KY so I can't find a classroom course or a live course. I would prefer a video course over a correspondence course. So with all that being said, which company do you recommend I use for preparing me for the series 65 exam? Your input is appreciated.

Last edited:
Back