Who wants to sell Tele-Medicine? Hmmm....

RJT Consulting

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
First some background....I started in the employee benefits arena in 1995 and have spent the past 23 years doing nothing but. I have handled the health insurance for very large employers with 1000's of employees all the way down to individuals. I used to love it. I used to feel great upon arriving and leaving my agency. The same agency that I grew to four locations and did business in 26 states. Two years ago I received an offer to sell my agencies without a phase out agreement. I couldn't sign the paperwork fast enough. Which left me swaying in the wind on what I wanted to do. So, I've decided to focus on ancillary employee benefits as well as helping agents implement small ideas that can have major impact on an employers bottom line.

With that said, for those of you who have a desire to venture into the world of tele-medicine, I am offering you a very simple way to provide it to your clients (individual and group) at a very low cost. My relationship with MDLive (the nations largest tele-medicine provider and who BCBS utilizes) allows me to provide you with the lowest possible rate, that nobody else has access to, and best of all....everything has already been done for you.

By signing up at the site below, the system will automatically create your own MDLive website that you can direct your clients to. The site will collect the information including billing. The site will also handle 100% of the billing for you either on a monthly or annual basis. There is no accounting that you need to do as your admin system will show you where you stand at all times. The system is set to offer MDLive at an ANNUAL RATE of $59.99 per unit (a unit is one person or a family, doesn't matter). This benefit allows your clients to call MDLive, 24/7 and 365, at no charge. Your clients, outside of the $59.99/annually, will never see a charge for their tele-medicine office visit nor will their insurance carrier (which MDLive will never ask for). This is especially helpful for those with qualified high deductible plans where everything goes towards the deductible. Outside of MDLive, your office visit simply does not exist.

For those of you who work within the employer world, MDLive is a great tool to earn their business. The rate of return on MDLive is well in excess of 400%. On average, 30% of your clients medical claim costs are related to office visits. Through a meaningful communication campaign, you can reduce that 30% down to 18% through the utilization of tele-medicine. That 12% savings has a substantial impact on your clients renewal rates especially when compounded every year. MDLive would cost a group of 100 employees $6000/year. Based upon a very low average of $500/pepm, that group incurs roughly $600,000/year in medical claims. A 12% reduction in medical claims results in a savings of $72,000. Depending upon whether your client is fully or self insured, that savings is tremendous and ultimately cost them very little to purchase and to implement.

At the end of the day, it is up to each of us to bring creating solutions to the table for our employers. Not everyone is going to be interested and that is fine. But, the more tools you have the greater value you bring to that employer. The website to create your own account is:

WoodardAgents - 24/7 Doctor Call

In the meantime, if you have any questions you can pm me here or even call my cell at 217-841-2457 and I am more than happy to help. For those of you with larger accounts please don't hesitate to reach out as I can provide MDLive for free if certain conditions are met. Thanks for reading!

Bob Woodard

I could see this coming in really handy for those situations where I know that one of my kids has the flu and know that we need a tamiflu script , so we go and wait 45 minutes at the Dr's office to get the script. If you we use it once a year I would save money/ break even. Will probably sign up for this for my own family.

That's actually how I fell into this. My son had a sinus infection (or so we thought) and it was Saturday around 5pm. The nearest convenient care facility is about 25 minutes away and even then they charge a facility fee of $129 just to walk through the doors! I'm on a HSA so that charge, plus the charges for the office visits etc, are all mine. So, I searched for a reputable tele-medicine company and found out that someone I have known for many years was actually in charge of their sales department. A few months later, negotiations etc, and I was able to build out this platform. It's an amazing tool that can not only save people money but also keep you out of the doctors waiting room where you are probably catching other things! Lol. Let me know if you have any questions or if you want to offer it to your clients etc. The big draw is obviously to employers (reduction in paid medical claims) but I sell a lot of this to individuals etc.

I tried the service out last night. After I paid the $13 and received my card online , I called into the call center to schedule an appointment. The rep sent me an email to register for their online portal , but their system would not recognize my information. After quite a bit of effort from the call center rep and myself , I was not able to get an appointment with a physician. Basically wasted an hour of my time and $13 . Not the end of the world , but would not recommend to others.

Stephen, out of the THOUSANDS of people I have on this you are the first to have any issue with registering. If you want to call me then I can walk you through this and make sure that you are set up correctly. Let me know and I will pm you my personal cell.

Stephen, I just pulled up my admin system and I have nobody who enrolled in the plan on the 5th. My list for those who enrolled on the 7th does not include your information. I need to know more about how you attempted to enroll so I can get to the bottom of this as our system works flawlessly and I have zero record of you. Let me know and I will help you figure this out.

Stephen, I'm starting to think that your story is not truthful. I've been in contact with MDLIVE and they have no record of you even in their billing system. You have never shown up in my admin system. I've requested from you some very basic information so that I could assist you and I've heard nothing. Other people have responded, and then subsequently deleted their question on this very post about your silence. It's starting to sound more like an intentional sabotage vs an actual event. I'm here to help in any way that I can but you need to respond.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180309-133401.png
    Screenshot_20180309-133401.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 7
Stephen, I'm starting to think that your story is not truthful. I've been in contact with MDLIVE and they have no record of you even in their billing system. You have never shown up in my admin system. I've requested from you some very basic information so that I could assist you and I've heard nothing. Other people have responded, and then subsequently deleted their question on this very post about your silence. It's starting to sound more like an intentional sabotage vs an actual event. I'm here to help in any way that I can but you need to respond.

Yep - I had asked "what gives" and that post is gone . . .

Sorry that you feel that way RJ , I have been a member of this forum for almost 10 years and have never been accused of sabotaging anyone before ...why would I start now ? If you you read my post again , I never attacked you , your service , or your business ; I simply shared my experience.
Since my poor experience with MDlive has put my integrity in question, I have attached the confirmation email from MDlive that includes my member ID card.

Attachments

• MD Live.pdf
    300.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Stephen, I never attacked you nor would I. However, when your story was not adding up and the fact that you were not responding (despite being on the site daily) it starts to make people question the validity of your story. I am here to help in any way that I can. Your attachment did not include any identifying details that would allow me to back into your account. If you want to pm those details I would appreciate it. I can then figure out what transpired and make sure that you are fully satisfied. I have never seen that form generated so I am confused as to ultimately what link you signed up through.

Back