Who Wants to Sign Me Up?

Think Bill was wondering what you would pay him to write your policy...the way comp is now, it's not worth bothering with. In my state, 2 of the 3 carriers have dropped comp after 3/1. The other might do it very soon too.

Think Bill was wondering what you would pay him to write your policy...the way comp is now, it's not worth bothering with. In my state, 2 of the 3 carriers have dropped comp after 3/1. The other might do it very soon too.

Guess you can't give money away these days. :)

Thad, sadly it's not worth the effort. With no comp, I just wasting time while not working on my Plan B. Even at 2%, it was hardly worth it. Once I write it, now I get to field calls about why you:
  • haven't received a bill
  • haven't received your cards
  • now have the wrong bill
  • they drafted your account the wrong amount
  • company drafted the account, but says your policy is not in effect.
  • etc.

My wait time with one carrier has averaged 1.5 - 2 hours to get to broker services. Called in, waited 1.5 hours, received a subscriber number, gave to client, subscriber number does not work, now have to call back this morning, wait on hold, and do it again.

Last edited:
Thad, sadly it's not worth the effort. With no comp, I just wasting time while not working on my Plan B. Even at 2%, it was hardly worth it. Once I write it, now I get to field calls about why you:

[*]haven't received a bill
[*]haven't received your cards
[*]now have the wrong bill
[*]they drafted your account the wrong amount
[*]company drafted the account, but says your policy is not in effect.
[*]etc.

My wait time with one carrier has averaged 1.5 - 2 hours to get to broker services. Called in, waited 1.5 hours, received a subscriber number, gave to client, subscriber number does not work, now have to call back this morning, wait on hold, and do it again.

His offer is write it and he leaves you alone if you don't write it he has his dialer spam you to death and those avatars don't take no. ;)

• haven't received a bill
  • haven't received your cards
  • now have the wrong bill
  • they drafted your account the wrong amount
  • company drafted the account, but says your policy is not in effect.
  • etc.

Sounds like either Aetna or UHC (or could be any insurance company, all of them are screwed up).

----------

I have no clue what compensation is for IFP in California but, if it was the chump change offered in many other states you wouldn't be worth my time, particularly since, by waiting until the end of OEP to enroll, you will most likely drop the coverage before the end of the year.

Back